News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help with Italy star and 1939 - 1945 British War medal

Hi,

I'm new on this forum and I must say that British awards are not my field. So I would like to ask your for help about the originality of this Italy Star and 1939 -1945 British War medal, which I have chance to buy.

Thanks you for your help.

Best regards Sebastijan

Hi Sebastijan. Welcome to the forum.

As these are (mostly) unnamed and fairly common medals, they are not widely faked, though they have been made and issued from different places, at different times. I don't see anything to worry about with these. Though, if they are not named, they hold almost no research value.

Hi Sebastian, welcome, as previously stated these are fairly common medals and as yet do not have the value for the fakers, I would agree that they are authentic. The one star that IS faked a great deal is the "Aircrew Europe" star, this being the rarest of all of the Brit stars issued, I would take great care if you see one and wish to purchase. Unfortunately, with rarity comes the con artist, in this respect there's no difference with these and TR, imperial German and Soviet awards, Kaveat Empor, seek advice.

Edit, by the way, this is a completely genuine example

regards

Alex K

Edited by Alex K

Hi Alex, thanks for presentation of your collection of stars and medals. It's nice collection.

Regards

Hi Sebastian, thanks, I have a growing collection of British medals, mainly WWi and Victorian, Like many others, it is sometimes difficult to stay completely focused on a particularly theme, most are European/ Imperial german, I do however like British campaign medals.

regards

Alex

I'd say that the British WWII Stars are widely faked, it used to be the Ar Crew Europe for obvious reasons of scarcity & value, but there are tons of other fake Stars around now, usually very obvious - shiny new with satin finish on the back & oversized suspension rings, but not all of them that obvious & it does'nt take much effort to give them the appearance of age.