News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A Spie? from Gebirgsj?ger-Rgt 100 with his Narvikschild and the Parachutist Badge he received as one of the GJ who underwent a short parachute training course at Stendal to prepare for the jump outside Narvik. This image appears to have been lifted from a film, probably an 8mm "home movie" shot by one of his comrades, judging by the lack of definition.

PK

Edited by PKeating

Hi

PKeating

Nice photo and thank you for Sharing.(Is this photo from the Webbsit Infanteristurmbacheichen.de?). :D

Regards

Nesredep

I have never seen that website. I received this image from a friend and fellow FJ collector.

PK

A Spie? from Gebirgsj?ger-Rgt 100 with his Narvikschild and the Parachutist Badge he received as one of the GJ who underwent a short parachute training course at Stendal to prepare for the jump outside Narvik. This image appears to have been lifted from a film, probably an 8mm "home movie" shot by one of his comrades, judging by the lack of definition.

PK

He's actually from GJR 137, the regiment made up 2 composite companies for the Narvik jump. The image is now in my collection, i bought from the guy you mentioned. About the same time i got it two or three photos of the same man taken during his wedding were sold on E-bay which makes me wonder is they weren't all from an album or group originally.

BTW, if you see a photo of a GJ wearing the jump badge but with no Narvik shield then he could well be from GJR 136 which also trained up two companies only these guys dropped on the town of Troms? and the airfield of Bardufoss.

A couple of mine.

narvik10.jpg