News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Just a Passport

Recently picked up this passport, He was Churchill's assistant during the war, thing is he is listed as an admirals aide up to the 1939, so why was he wondering around the worlds capitals, no note of him being a sneeky old spy, welcome your thoughts

Edited by dante

Recently picked up this passport, He was Churchill's assistant during the war, thing is he is listed as an aide upto the war, so why was he wondering around the worlds capitals, no note of him being a sneeky old spy, welcome your thoughts

Hi,

I think that the answer is founded in the fact that he was Flag Lieutenant (later Flag Commander) to the Board of the Admiralty, and thereby severing the First Lord of the Admiralty. So he would accompany his political master(s) around in Europe. See: http://members.cox.net/ghgraham/charlesthompson1895.html

Hi,

I think that the answer is founded in the fact that he was Flag Lieutenant (later Flag Commander) to the Board of the Admiralty, and thereby severing the First Lord of the Admiralty. So he would accompany his political master(s) around in Europe. See: http://members.cox.net/ghgraham/charlesthompson1895.html

this is not my field of collecting but my oh my what a great find?where did you find it