News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Russian WW2 helmets?

Спасибо Сергей! Мне нравятся твои каски.

I like the SSh-40 model from 1944 with cloth liner. It looks great. Are the SSh-36 ground dug?

Here is an interesting thread on Soviet helmets : http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=5660

Thanks for warm words in Russian. Yes you are right some helmets are found in a place of fights Kareliy, Vyazma. And Ssh-39 I by in rural fire group. After removals they have been given to armies of Ssh-39 helmets in fire group.And I became the owner of one of them. I too love pre-war Soviet helmets. Especially I like model 36. Sometimes the ground changes color of a helmet with green for absolutely another .For example is last 36 where color red.But I became always glad to a find of the next subject.

No it's not enamel. It is painted. Those are the Franch Adrian helmet pattern that were used during WWI by the tsarist army. After that the Soviet replaced the Romanov crest for a Soviet star like this.

The helmet from Sergey seems to have been repainted. Normally those are not shiny like this one.

No it's not enamel. It is painted. Those are the Franch Adrian helmet pattern that were used during WWI by the tsarist army. After that the Soviet replaced the Romanov crest for a Soviet star like this.

The helmet from Sergey seems to have been repainted. Normally those are not shiny like this one.

All truly this helmet is painted anew. However a basis of Russian Adrian. I have shown it as an example of the Soviet helmets.

Wow!! IS that enamel in the star? Is that a parade helmet?

No, it is a paint and a standard Soviet helmet for the thirtieth years. In Soviet Union these helmets did of standard helmets of imperial army on Great war