News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1934 Kinder Alles Land (Seltenes) Abzeichen

Once more I'm afraid gents! This was described as 1934 Kinder Aufs Land Seltenes abzeichen, but I can't see the word Seltenes on the tinnie, was that a mistake in the description? Would this be properly called Kinder Aufs Land (Seltenes) abzeichen 1934 or 1934 Kinder Aufs Land abzeichen? Could anyone tell me what Kinder Aufs Land (Seltenes) means please? Thanking you again!

Edited by Troy Tempest

Once more I'm afraid gents! This was described as 1934 Kinder Alles Land Seltenes abzeichen, but I can't see the word Seltenes on the tinnie, was that a mistake in the description? Would this be properly called Kinder Alles Land Seltenes abzeichen 1934 or 1934 Kinder Alles Land abzeichen? Could anyone tell me what Kinder Alles Land (Seltenes) means please? Thanking you again!

Troy,

The tinnie says: "Kinder aufs Land" meaning: children into the country (rural areas).

They wanted to get the kids out of the city and experience the country life.

This tinnie is simply promoting that initiative -

"seltenes Abzeichen" was added by the seller meaning: rare badge.

Hardy

Hi Hardy! I was just examining it under a magnifying glass and saw that! I have changed the text of my post but couldn't work out how to change the title! :speechless: Thanks for that.

you are welcome

Hardy :cheers:

• 2 months later...
    Guest Rick Research

Excellent advice. :beer: I however, being of an age to have learned Sutterlin at home for my German :unsure::speechless1: always recommend the Good Old Human Brain and actually LEARNING a language.

There is more babble in said fish than Babel! :cheeky:

I entirely agree. Apart from anything else, the need to learn at least enough of a language to be able to read it is brought home every time I read English translations of French and Spanish works and realise how far from the original some of them can be. I can read German reasonably well and consider myself, as a document student and collector, very lucky indeed to have been in a German school at the age of six and seven. I would say that some rudimentary knowledge of German is vital for anyone collecting documents and that the ability to be able to read texts on medals and, moreover, in dealers' and auctioneers' catalogues is also very important. The good news for Troy and chaps in his position is that it doesn't take that long to get a handle on the basics for such purposes.

All the best to everyone for 2008.

PK

• 2 months later...

If one was to examine every pupil of every high school of the entire planet you would still find less pimples than there are examples of this badge floating around. One of only a very few tinnies I am sick of the sight of. :cheeky: . When it comes to sales blurb sometimes ignorance is bliss.

C

If one was to examine every pupil of every high school of the entire planet you would still find less pimples than there are examples of this badge floating around. One of only a very few tinnies I am sick of the sight of. :cheeky: . When it comes to sales blurb sometimes ignorance is bliss.

C

Well excuse me Colin Davie, perhaps I should run everything past you first before posting anything else on this site? Please accept my most humble apologies for daring to ask someone a question about this tinnie, especially as by forcing you to view it, it has made you sick and taken you away from your fixation with pimples. Thanks again for your answer Naxos! :D

Edited by Troy Tempest

Hot in Sydney today was it Troy? Chill out dude. Have one of these... :cheers: ... by the pool.

A little bit of Humour is a good thing in this life for some of us.

Describing this badge as "rare" IS funny, but it's the person selling it that laughable not you.

Your humble apology is accepted however. (p.s. that's humour again)

All the best

C

Hot in Sydney today was it Troy? Chill out dude. Have one of these... :cheers: ... by the pool.

A little bit of Humour is a good thing in this life for some of us.

Describing this badge as "rare" IS funny, but it's the person selling it that laughable not you.

Your humble apology is accepted however. (p.s. that's humour again)

All the best

C

Alas it's Melbourne weather all day today - no pool or beach for me I'm afraid! And I only drink champagne! :P Perhaps the seller was having a laugh but I'm happy with the badge, and it's adding to my small but growing tinnie collection, about 12 out of the total 200 pieces I have managed to gather in my secret (as far as the other half is concerned!) collection. I didn't have much interest in tinnies at first, but am taking a shine to them now.

Cool, if you come to my house we'll drink beer.... at your place we'll drink champagne. :beer:

If you need help with your tinnies, do please ask and it'll be a pleasure to help each other out, some advanced tinnie collectors here on this forum.

Cheers again and as for the weather was cool yesterday, but hot of late :angry: down here.

C