News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I will keep my eyes open in the future for these cases. You may well be entirely right on transport and night fighters. I have never paid much attention to transport clasps, as basic original clasps still seem available and I have had the (uncased) ones I have for many years. On the other hand, I know that I have seen with my own eyes a real night fighter by RK in a case (not envelope or carton) marked for night fighter. If I had known how strange that was I would have bought it! I suppose this is what happens when you concentrate on the badge, not the container.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tim,

Wow, how can you see that it is the OM pilot's badge?!?!

student

The main two give-away's are the wing-tip on the left and the way the swasi dips behind the wreath.

This shot is from a different angle so the wingtips aren't obvious, but check out the valuted-ness of the swas!

• 1 month later...

Tim, As far as staring at Pilot Badges all day....Great! I can sure think of far worse things to do with the time that is alloted us! I own a Party Pin that I have had since 1975 and I stare at it now with the same interest that I did the fisrt time I ever saw it! Carry on Good Friend! Butch Gooch, North carolina

Hi,

George Petersen had one of these fighter clasps with the pendant attached to the bottom (the top of the original clasp configuration) to make it a night fighter clasp with pendent.

Field expediency!

Gary B

Edited by Gary B

• 3 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...