News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Rosenberg,

What you have appears to be an Erinnerungskreuz 1866 f?r Treue Krieger. This is one of a series which also includes the Erinnerungskreuz 1866 f?r Koniggr?tz, the Erinnerungskreuz 1866 f?r die Main-Armee and the Erinnerungskreuz 1866 f?r Nichtkombattanten.

I hope that this is of some help.

Wild Card

Rosenberg,

They turn up on German eBay quite regularly.

However, if you see any like those offered by eBay seller raritaetensammlerclub, then compare them carefully with known originals.

He is currently offering three crosses in auctions 6559091238, 6559091258 and 6206472674. I have not handled one of these crosses, but he rarely sells anything original, so I would condemn them by association.

There are threads referring to his awards at http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1205...etensammlerclub and http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1073...etensammlerclub

Good luck,

David

Thanks for the warning!However,I am no ebayer,thats a melting-pot of repro-sellers to me.It?s ok if you are looking for cheap junk,but not when you like to get real stuff IMO.Even though,I must admit I have seen items bought via ebay that were good,but I bet nowadays these items quickly fall prey to the collector-community,making them as expensive as if bought via famous dealers.

Regards

I'm not shure that I've seen one original iron cross or something else in their auctions.So stay away,and even if there would be an original among the crab I would't buy it!

To find these crosses is not so difficult at Ebay,but with the original old ribbon,that's the bigger problem!

Micha

Edited by Motorhead

Guest Rick Research

Of the three combatant 1866 Crosses, the least common (none are rare) is probably the K?niggratz cross--which required being present at that battle on 3 July 1866. Don't know whether the Main (the River Main) Army or Loyal Warriors were more numerous, but both required either participation in a battle or crossing the border of an enemy state before 2 August 1866.

If price is any indication the noncombattant is the rarest of the 4. Nimmergut puts it at 3 times the price of the others. From my own experience the K?niggratz seems to be the easiest to find for some reason, and I've never seena a noncombattant.