News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

RK issue

It's a real S&L RK (Type A frame) but ...no one can ID the core because of the thin 1939 date. They are not sure if S&L used an early thinner style font for the numerals like Juncker. So ...the mystery continues unsure.gif

Edited by Mike

It's a real S&L RK (Type A frame) but ...no one can ID the core because of the thin 1939 date. They are not sure if S&L used an early thinner style font for the numerals like Juncker. So  ...the mystery continues unsure.gif

Not such a huge mystery Mike. You can find minor differences in the cores of other RK makers ( i.e. Juncker - not every one of their RK have identical cores).From the images you sent me, you have a perfectly good original S&L RK.

Thanks Gordon ...I'm very happy with it and , I hope it's the first of many for me(nice to dream huh?)

The 1939 font looks like the style used on the EK's ...I have a feeling it's an early style S&L RK because the early Juncker had thin numerals as well . Maybe they decided to make the date bolder the same way they decided to make the EKll larger early on. Maybe someday a document or explanation will surface .

Glad I got it !!

thanks again beer.gif