News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Plastic/wooden WHW Flag Tinnie Database

I think there are 2 flak pieces if memory serves me right, here is a pic. of the ones I have in my collection, I've got quite a few doubles if anyone is after any. Though in the pic it seems like some of these shown are doubles they are all different.

C

Edited by Colin Davie

• Replies 69
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends what you call expensive Paul, the straight flag series are available on German sites from 15 Eu downwards,

the Naval flag being the hardest to find (well I found it so) Anybody got a complete list of these, as I'm not sure which ones I am missing I have 17 different. However I have only one from the wavy flag series.

Regards,

Pete

Thanks for posting your "wavy" Signals piece Joe (although it looks like a red Flak piece on my monitor). I have the yellow wavy Fliegertroope flag. Any ideas on how many were in the wavy flag series?

Paul, I found the three I posted above at last year's SOS, and there were plenty to choose from for $10-20 each - something I can still afford!

Scott

Edited by Scott

Scott, thanks for the correction. I thought it was Flak but see it is indeed Signals troop. I need to slow down a bit and pay more attention to detail. :blush: I corrected the error above. I have a fliegertruppe example also.

As to how many are in the set, I was in hopes some one knows myself.

--dj--Joe

Edited by --dj--Joe

The image below which I found on the net some time ago claims to show the full set of 20 flags...... However I see a couple in the posts above which are not shown which suggests that there are certainly more than 20.

Cheers

Don

There are 20 different flags.. pages 108,109 and 110 of Tieste's WHW series book 1 shows these, though because the images are black and white there is no point in showing a scan as many of the badges look the same in B/W, however the book does name all 20 flags, it would take a long time for me to type out all the names sorry. BTW they were sold 16th and 17th March 1940 (Tag der Wehrmacht).

Tag der Wehrmacht was celebrated all over Germany, so there are variants, let's use this one as it is shown as "wavy" above.

Edited by Colin Davie

The main noticable difference on the front is the differing colour of brown paint used for the flag, but there are many little differences, the back shows even more and 2 differing maker marks.

Tieste does not show these "wavy" flags, not that I can find anyhows and it's tempting to believe it another variation on the straight series, however the paint is completely different (seems red), the name on the back spelling "Luftwaffe" instead of "Luft" too.

I dunno :speechless:

C

Edited by Colin Davie

Hice thread, I just picked up an Army Flak-Artillerie one and the green army one with the iron cross, wreath and eagle in the center marked on the back"Jager 22 su." I do not know what the second one is for so if someone could let me know or even name all of Don Scowen's in a list that would be very helpful and a great reference. I am going to pick up the blue navy flag pin on Sunday hopefully if he still has it. These are pretty cheap and look pretty good so they are a great addition to the tinnie collection.

Cheers!

Pat

Hi, This is a list of those that I have, (17) so three missing.

WHW/Military flag series.

"Artillerie"

"Fahr - und Kraftfahreinheiten"

"Flak-Artillerie"

"Fleigertruppe"

"Fuhrer Begleitbataillion"

"Infanterie"

"Jager"

"Kavallerie"

"Kreigsmarine Marineteile am Lande"

"Kraftfahrkampftruppe"

"Luftnachrichtententruppe"

"Nachrichtkampftruppe"

"Nebeltruppe"

"Pioniere"

"Pioniere (mot) "

"Regiment General Goring"

"Trageflagge der Kriegsschiffe"

Regards.

Pete

• 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...

I have seen quite a few of the plastic flags but few of the wooden flags. Not popular? I have only one and must admit I have not actively searched for more. Not a favorite but different.

Obverse.

Appears to be part decal then painted around.

--dj--Joe

Reverse.

I can not make out the ink stamp.

• 6 months later...
    • 6 months later...

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2009/post-6513-1237359639.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2009/post-6513-1237359318.jpg

Reverse, NACHRICHTENTRUPPE.

[attachmentid=43793]

I have the exact tinnie. This is a picture of it.

Any collectors have or have seen any more examples of this set?

--dj--Joe