News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

PAVN DECORATIONS, EARLY TYPES

sftrooper86

Guest Rick Research

These would really work better posted here at full size instead of those thumbnails previews or whatever they are. :beer:

These would really work better posted here at full size instead of those thumbnails previews or whatever they are. :beer:

Absolutely, Rick. Most of these image hosting sites are swamps of viruses and spy-ware anyway. This is expecially important as we are seeing the real thing here, and not later tourist knock-offs.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Absolutely, Rick. Most of these image hosting sites are swamps of viruses and spy-ware anyway. This is expecially important as we are seeing the real thing here, and not later tourist knock-offs.

Hello Ed,

I am not too computer savy. How do I post full size photos vs. thumbnails? Please help the computer challenged amoung us!

Thanks,

Vince

Not so hard though, as with most things, it may take some practice.

1- Take you scan (photo) into your image editing program.

2- Reseize it too 666 pixels as its largest dimensions (not for ritual reasons, but because it is easy to type) (or maybe 555?).

3- Save it to disk.

4- Go to the "Select a file"/"browse" section at the bottom of where you enter your message.

5- Find your way to where you saved your image.

6- Upload it. (Important to remember).

7- Add your reply.

Should work. But the gods can get angry and the Luddites were right, after all.

Hope that helps.

By the way: If your image turns out too large, make it smaller by resizing it (see step "2") by making your largest dimension smaller and save it under a new file name (the pesky program has a 'memory') as "Image 1a" or whatever then go to step "4" and try again.

Good luck! :beer:

I have heard that many North Vietnamese medals are referred to as "Bottle tops" as they were pressed out of thin metal. Is this true?

Regards,

Jim Morrison.

Yes Jim,

With the exception of only 1 or 2 they were all made from very thin tin type metal.

Happy Hunting,

Vince