News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hungarian Partisan Badge Database

Yes - thats what I am noticing as well, hence trying to make a database. Also trying to see if we can find one numbered above 7000? The more I think about it - these things when measured to other 'collectables' in the militaria field are pretty rare with probably no more than 10,000 ever produced.

So, Charles . . . are you planning on setting up a breeding facilty? I'd like to adopt one of the litters. :P

As Gordon can testify to - when I see one of these lost in the woods of a dealers table, the usualy come home with me. I keep putting them together in the display cabinet or in the storage boxes, but they all seem to be alpha males and unable (or unwilling) to reproduce on their own. But I shall keep trying!

JMOSA article is buzzing around my head BTW...Once I can secure more sources and documentation.

Anatoly -

Did yours come from Russia? Perhaps it was bestowed to a Soviet citizen? That number range would indicate a more 'political' award from the mid to late 1950's?

JOMSA article? Excellent!

There was a brief mention of the Hungarian partisan badges in a JOMSA article on Partisan medals of WW2 @ 25 years ago (or more). #4148:

Edited by Ulsterman

• 4 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Adding to the lot #6066 (short days make for short times to photograph!). I was also going through my minis and found #2888. Interstingly enough the number for that is also stamped above the pin. By making a rough scientific guess - the 2000 range numbers were stamped above the pin. Perhaps we have another variant? :unsure: