News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 64
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Fascinating document. It's not however the preliminary award document, but the formal nominaton for the award setting out the grounds on which he is considered eligible. The principal role for which he was decorated was the air defence of Hamburg. As Polizei-Pr?sident, overall responsibility for the defence of the city came under his remit.

The preliminary award document although rare and desirable, like other Besitzzeugnisse would only give the usual basic info, - name, rank, date of award etc.

Here is the man on the day of his surrender to Britsh troops in Hamburg.

Fascinating document. It's not however the preliminary award document, but the formal nominaton for the award setting out the grounds on which he is considered eligible. The principal role for which he was decorated was the air defence of Hamburg. As Polizei-Pr?sident, overall responsibility for the defence of the city came under his remit.

The preliminary award document although rare and desirable, like other Besitzzeugnisse would only give the usual basic info, - name, rank, date of award etc.

Here is the man on the day of his surrender to Britsh troops in Hamburg.

Thanks a lot Gordon, what would be a fare price for this set?

Edited by MasterBo

Thanks a lot Gordon, what would be a fare price for this set?

Is there not a good chance that this is one of the docs stolen from the German Archives and sold in the US?

There were some stolen Skorzeny docs posted at WAF sometime ago that were stolen pieces, of the same type as this.

Best

Chris

Hard to say. This could be a simple file copy. A Vorschlag usually has the various signatures or initials on the cover of senior ranks who have approved the nomination and passed it on "up the line" with Hitler as the final authority. What strikes me as unusual is that this simply has a pencil note that the decoration has been awarded, no initials or signatures apart from the original nominating authority.

I would imagine that the original "top copy" of the Vorschlag with the various signatures/initials may well be with Kehrl's personnel file. That should be simple enough to establish.

• 2 weeks later...

From the smaller photos on the site it looks pretty good, but on closer examination of the enlargements, its certainly one that would bear further consideration.

The detail isn't as crisp as I'd like to see, and seems very soft on the enlarged images.

The stippling to the arms is a bit strange too.

Compare these two shots, a definite known original at right. Note how closely packed the stippling is on the one at right, all very regular in size too. Now look at the one at left, the stippling seems to be of irregular size and with "spaces".

None of the small flaws associated with Deschlers seem to be present either. This isn't necessarily a concern as I have seen a couple of very early Deschler strikings, perfect in every way, with all of the subtle die characteristics of the firm, but no flawing, and just the 900 silver code. This one does have the manufacturers code though, which suggests it being made later than the earliest ones with just the silver mark, yet has no flaws. Unfortunately we don't know when the damage to the die, which caused the flaws, happened.

I wouldn't write this one off based on the available photos, but its certainly not a "one looker".

From the smaller photos on the site it looks pretty good, but on closer examination of the enlargements, its certainly one that would bear further consideration.

The detail isn't as crisp as I'd like to see, and seems very soft on the enlarged images.

The stippling to the arms is a bit strange too.

Compare these two shots, a definite known original at right. Note how closely packed the stippling is on the one at right, all very regular in size too. Now look at the one at left, the stippling seems to be of irregular size and with "spaces".

None of the small flaws associated with Deschlers seem to be present either. This isn't necessarily a concern as I have seen a couple of very early Deschler strikings, perfect in every way, with all of the subtle die characteristics of the firm, but no flawing, and just the 900 silver code. This one does have the manufacturers code though, which suggests it being made later than the earliest ones with just the silver mark, yet has no flaws. Unfortunately we don't know when the damage to the die, which caused the flaws, happened.

I wouldn't write this one off based on the available photos, but its certainly not a "one looker".

Hello!

Thank for interesting fact.

All the best :beer:

Nesredep

• 10 months later...