News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Iraqi AirForce Brigadier General Faisal I.D

Guest IMHF

• Replies 118
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a picture of the Brigadier General's Pilots Wings:

What a wonderful collection of Iraqi material you have there! Thanks for displaying it.

My own particular interest is in head-dress badges, but I was interested to note the symbols on the Iraqi Pilot's wings and brevet and I hope you may be able to clear a query for me.

For some years, I have had an unidentified badge which bears similar symbols to those on your breast badges. Do you have any information that might link the Iraqi A/force with this badge? A scan is attached; the badge is 75mm high overall. If you can comment, I'd appreciate your thoughts and hope my inquiry will not be any inconvenience.

Regards,

Brian

• 3 weeks later...

I agree!! This grouping is very difficult to beat!! Were you able get any stories from him? I would be interested in knowing his aspect of the Israeli War.

As a side note, can you cut the photos down about 1/3 the size you are posting? It would make viewing more pleasurable.

regards

Paul

Thank you all for your replies to my posts, I will be posting pictures of his uniforms as soon as I can figure a way to get the full uniform in detail in a picture. I have his Pilots Jacket made in germany, Here is a picture of the tag on the inside.

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Iraq Brigadier General Faisal's AirForce Cap:

This cap belonged to Brigadier General Faisal, this is now in my collection of Iraqi Militaria.

• 2 months later...
    Here is A gift that the Iraqi Brigadier General gave me while I served with him in baghdad, Iraq 2005

Edited by IMHF

Here is A gift that the Iraqi Brigadier General gave me will I served with him in baghdad, Iraq 2005

Tag:

Here is A gift that the Iraqi Brigadier General gave me will I served with him in baghdad, Iraq 2005

Brigadier General Faisel's Field Rank:

Another tag inside the Jacket of Brigadier General Faisel:

MADE IN IRAQ

Back of Jacket:

Iraqi Brigadier General Faisel's Iraqi Airforce leather Jaket that is in my Iraqi militaria Collection:

He cut the tabs off because when the war broke out in 2003 any one with tabes on military clothing was a soldier. He loved his jacket and still wanted to wear it.

Made in Germany:

Iraqi Brigadier General Faisel's Iraqi Airforce leather Jaket that is in my Iraqi militaria Collection:

Made in Germany

Left arm pockets: