News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Iraqi AirForce Brigadier General Faisal I.D

Guest IMHF

Iraqi Brigadier General Faisel's Iraqi Airforce leather Jaket that is in my Iraqi militaria Collection:

The General cut the shoulder tabs off, but I have them. He wanted to still wear his jacket during the war in 2003.

• Replies 118
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iraqi Brigadier General Faisel's Iraqi Airforce leather Jaket that is in my Iraqi militaria Collection:

The cut tabs: This is what held his golden stitched brigadier general rank I also have in my collection:

I am looking for a leather shop that can restore the leather jacket for me.......

Back of Tabs with the velcro square that held the point of the tab on the jacket:

Edited by IMHF

Back of Jacket:

This is the AN12 that Brigadier General Faisel commanded during the SIX DAY WAR

The photo he gave me for my collection:

Actual size 8" by 10"

Iraqi Brigadier General Faisel's Iraqi AirWays Blue Coat that is in my Iraqi militaria Collection:

Coat Lable:

Iraqi Brigadier General Faisel's Iraqi AirWays Blue Coat that is in my Iraqi militaria Collection:

Back Button Mounts:

Front blue buttons:

Back of the Iraqi Air Ways Coat:

• 1 month later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Pilot wings in my collection and an overview of my Iraqi Air Force medals.

Its not showing the picture you posted on here: can you try to edit the post to show the picture.

Thank you

Lorenzo

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, What was written on Upper Left Hand corner of the photo:

Dear my friend, Lorenzo, I wish you success in Life and to return to your country and your family safely (=peacefully) & see you Later in the God's Willing.

General, Feisal Al-Naqeeb

17 - 11 - 2006

Guest IMHF

Hello, What was written on Upper Left Hand corner of the photo:

Dear my friend, Lorenzo, I wish you success in Life and to return to your country and your family safely (=peacefully) & see you Later in the God's Willing.

General, Feisal Al-Naqeeb

17 - 11 - 2006

Thank you so much, this means a lot to me. He was a very good friend and taught me the history of the SIX DAY War from his on eyes. I learned a great deal of information, and he contributed to my Iraqi Militaria collection from his own personel stuff.......

Lorenzo

Lorenzo,

After collecting militaria and medals for most of my life, you will realise that we are merely custodians of everything and that is why I personally have a problem with fiscal values which cheapen who and what we are.

Personal messages are great and add to the personal value of an item to you personally but in the greater context the actual article that is properly documented and preserved is why most of us collect items and militaria.

Happy hunting,

Will

Guest IMHF

Will

You are right, but it means more to me to receive it from the actual owner of the item. Many times collectors wish they could touch the piece and see where it came from and know the history behind it. Pieces that have a name behind it are worth far more then the unkown owner pieces. Spink makes more money off of selling the named pieces then the single unknow medal bars.

General, Feisal Al-Naqeeb was in his 60's when I met him, he has a great deal of history behind him.

Thank you for your reply and friendship:

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

• 2 weeks later...