News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A Chinese pair

Ed_Haynes

I guess this belongs in this thread?

The medals are not so unusual, these days.

They came in their original envelopes, with ribbon bars. Also not very unusual.

1- Independence and Freedom Merit Medal / Du Li Zhi Yu Jiang Zhang - 029010

2- Liberation Merit Medal / Jie Fang Jiang Zhang - 39260

Guest Rick Research

jumping.gifjumping.gifjumping.gif

I remember a cluster of the ? never issued medals coming on the market about 10 years ago, in nice neat sets (could you post the backs, and the packaging and ribbon bars too please?) but those vanished before my then-new interest in Soviet stuff led me into the PRC.

This is the ONLY award booklet I have ever seen for these-- the numbers matching the serial numbers (?) on the backs of the medals?

And what, exactly, was each issued for?

Yes, Rick. Numbers match! Medal/envelope/book all match up.

1- Independence and Freedom Merit Medal / Du Li Zhi Yu Jiang Zhang - 029010

Awarded for service in the Revolutionary War during the Japanese Resistance War Period (7 July 1937 to 2 September 1945). In effect, this is the medal for WWII.

2- Liberation Merit Medal / Jie Fang Jiang Zhang - 39260

Awarded for service in the Revolutionary War during the War of Liberation Period (3 September 1945 to 30 June 1950). In effect, this is the medal for the final phase of the Civil War.

Guest Rick Research

Even the envelopes are numbered! love.giflove.giflove.gif

This is a fantastic set. I've got a few of the more common regional/Front civil war badges and medals (one with envelope) but NO documentation to Chinese recipients. The documented ones I do have (Sino-Soviet Friendship Medals and the uncataloged Korean War period Shanghai Civil Defense Order) are to Soviets.

It is a joy to see a real and documented group like this, since-- despite the fact that there IS no "market" for Red Chinese awards-- shows are inundated with fantasy and fraudulent PRC awards. sad.gif

This set sure made MY day!

• 4 months later...

Those medals are beautiful! I think I will check out Ebay now!

Be very careful Paul, as fakes have begun to appear of many PRC medals, outright fantasies of others plague e$cam, and many of the dealers you deal with make the e$cam norm seem comparatively saintly.

• 10 months later...
    • 16 years later...

Dear Gentlemen,

Order of Liberation (解放勲章 / 解放勋章 / Jiěfàng Xūnzhāng) 解放勋章 - 维基百科,自由的百科全书 (wikipedia.org)

Liberation Order, Class 3 I don't think "class" is the appropriate word, grade / level / degree is more in the spirit of the CCP.

image.jpeg.950d4f16a72ae63e9d6343737b55fb48.jpeg

image.jpeg.71291b687acd3e0827f5bbf5600480d4.jpeg

Yours sincerely,

No one