News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Rhodesian headdress 1964-80

Mervyn,

It was this "full paraphenalia" that picked up my interest all those years ago.

I have always been a great admirer of British military traditions, and with Rhodesia I have found an army which followed the same traditions, but at the same time had its own design for badges (units, ranks, skill-at-arms, &c.) and uniforms, equipments, &c. Add the small size of the Army (to which I restrict myself), its outstanding record, all these make an interesting and challenging subject of collection.

May I ask what do you mean by "memorabilia – not just militaria" ? This forum is about Military Interest, hence my question.

Eric

Edited by The Saint

• 3 weeks later...
    • Replies 53
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To continue the serie, here we have a Rhodesian Army Services Corps beret, with the Other Rank's anodised cap badge (the one on post # 19 is from an officer).

I had some difficulties at first determining the exact shade of the beret, dark blue or black. In the latter case, the man would have been assigned to the Armoured Car Regt. After much examination and comparison, I am satisfied that the beret is a very dark blue.

Eric

Eric - nice to see this badge on it's correct beret. For some reason this badge is fairly common - but usually just loose in boxes with others.

I missed answering your question on other types of memorabilia postings - my feeling would be anything to do with Police, Home Affairs and the Services - incl. paperwork, posters and warning notices. What do you and other Rhodie collectors think ?

• 11 years later...
    On 09/01/2008 at 17:48, drewchaneyau said:

http://psyopsinsignia.pbwiki.com/f/4d0b.jpg

A picture of 1POU beret and stable belt in my collection of worldwide PSYOPS items.

Let me know if you can help me........I collect PSYOPS worldwide. Drew

On 09/01/2008 at 17:48, drewchaneyau said:

http://psyopsinsignia.pbwiki.com/f/4d0b.jpg

A picture of 1POU beret and stable belt in my collection of worldwide PSYOPS items.

Let me know if you can help me........I collect PSYOPS worldwide. Drew

Hi Drew. My father Maj ABCH Dalton established 1POU and the men from his unit designed the logo. I have a lot of information on this. Brian