News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Interesting RKT photo

For those of you interested in the variations of the Knight's Cross and the many threads discussing rounders, unknown makers, etc. this photo is interesting...

It looks like none of the 'authorised' makers but yet it must be. Perhaps the cross is sitting at an unusual angle, but the arms look very narrow. Any thoughts/guesses as to which maker? I'm thinking it must be Juncker.

Rich

Yes it does look like a rounder yet we know that it's been proven that it can't be!!

I personally do not believe it is an altered photo. You can see that the cross is situated slightly behind the zip of the jacket and it is angled naturally to it's position. I think if it was just pasted on this wouldn't be the case.

So what the heck is it...?

Hello

From any photo like this it is extremely difficult to say with any accuracy who the maker of an item was. But, I'd go for Juncker, with the filed down inner corners around the swastika. As for the thin arms, my guess is that is an optical illusion caused by the the lighting when the picture was taken.

Just my pennies worth.

• 2 weeks later...

Scary tread. Can be a fake photo? Is it a real KC that looks like the fakes made in Eastern Europe? People can start to make fake photos with this kind of KC to introduce the fake crosses. :speechless1:

Edgar

The photo is period, I have an identical one of Trautloft.

Dave

I don't have the photo, I saw it on the web and was intrigued by the RK so I just saved the pic. What you see here is the same as what i have.

What's your view on it.

Rich

Ah ok Rich, no problem.

My view...I have no idea mate.

I believe this must be a "paste" job in the studio (wartime done). The arms of the cross all seem to end in a fat "blob" and the ribbon, along the edge of his left collar, doesn't look natural.

Hmm I don't think it is as part of the Cross is hidden under his jacket, I doubt they would go to such lengths as to "photoshop" the Cross so it looks more natural....if it has been pasted it usually looks really obvious.

Well, certainly not a "paste" job!

The photo shown first in this thread appears, now, to be a 2nd generation copy for publication. The tonal qualities are distorted.

Great to see the original! This is an interesting cross.