News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unsere Marine im Weltkrieg 1914-1918

I have been looking for this book, Unsere Marine im Weltkrieg 1914-1918, for several years and finally got my hands on it. it was published in 1926 and is considered the bible of the German Navy during WWI. The book is 14 inches X 10.5 inches and almost 2 inches thick with almost 500 pages. It must weight over 15 pounds!!! I will describe the contents as I show some pages. I hope you enjoy the overview. First the front cover.

Edited by Paul C

The book has over 30 chapters and cover the entire range of German see warfare from Doggerbank to Coronel and Jutland. The book is not exclusive to surface warfare and includes chapters on minelayers, minesweepers, U-Boats, naval air warfare and naval infantry. Each chapter is written by a naval officer who was a participant at that action. The index lists the chapters covered.

There are many pictures of ship and pictures of color paints of ships. There are also many pics of naval officer and their medal bars or ribbon bars. The page below has a great pic of FK Looff and his medal bar.

Edited by Paul C

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :love::love::love:

I've never seen this Mythical Beast of a tome before... you got dents in your desk from scanning that "heavy cruiser?" :speechless1:

Has anybody else ever seen one before?

What do the illustrations look like if you zoom in? (CAN you zoom in?)

I like Admiral von Karpf-- for obvious reasons:

Hello Rick:

Thank you for showing the von Karpf document. I have von Karpf's Prussian Crown Order III document. I believe that Eric Ludvigsen also had a few documents belonging to v. Karpf. Eric had done a bit of research regarding all of the awards that he received and his career.

If I recall correctly, wasn't he the commander of the S.M.S. Moltke at Skaagerak?

I also recall that he was the commander of the Royal Yacht Hohenzollern at one point, and I believe he was a sailing instructor for His Majesty Wilhelm II.

An impressive career to say the least!

Best regards,

"SPM"

Hello!

Dear Paul C, I`m search photo`s of some German U-Boot Commander`s such as Otto Schultze, Hans Adam and Wilhelm Werner. If in your very good book have this photo`s please, help me.

Thanks

Igor

I check for pics and no luck, sorry.