News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Weimar time medal bars

RENAMED the MARS in 1912, presumably when it transferred ownership to Germany. A new name and a new (German) crew.

Indeed it was but it was never transferred to the Kaiserliche Marine. The Austro-Hungarian Mars is shown in the 1914 A-H Schematismus as Kasemattschiff employed as a harbour protection ship at the Pola Naval Base in the Adriatic.

Regards

Glenn

Indeed it was but it was never transferred to the Kaiserliche Marine. The Austro-Hungarian Mars is shown in the 1914 A-H Schematismus as Kasemattschiff employed as a harbour protection ship at the Pola Naval Base in the Adriatic.

Regards

Glenn

OK...I guess I got that wrong. I thought it was renamed because it was transferred.

Now that we are dealing with the Kaiserliche Marine, I have bought some times ago the following "Treu der Marine " commemorative cross (incidently the ribbon clasp was sold unmounted with a "Treu dem Regiment" cross and a different ribbon [i.e.: not a plain blue one]...!).

Does anyone know what unit / ship / submarine / naval station / whatever it may be ... this "20/11 J.R. LINDAU" ribbon clasp refers to?

Regards,

Jean-Sam.

Here's a Godet pre-1934 bar... mint!

A beautiful bar indeed !

Wouldn't it be wise to replace the missing "Bewährungsabzeichen" with a matching one on the ribbon of the "Ehrendenkmünze des Weltkrieges" (both holes where the original Bewährungsabzeichen was fixed are still visible)? This kind of insignia is quite easy to get.

Regards,

Jean-Sam.

• 5 months later...

Regarding my Weimar 'Leib Garde Hüsaren rgt and Garde Grenadier rgt' group of 8, this is what it looked like before I restored/completed it:

Edited by j-sk

This is another in my collection, one pair that I really like ..

Ordenspang e Baden medaille Für Verdienst Küffhäuser Medaille

He was very rusty, was returned to its former splendor ..

Lambert

Edited by lambert

Here is an interesting small group of a 'Verdun' veteran. Obviously a battlefield he would never forget...

And we shall remember him and all those who gave their lives in WW1.

Thats interesting... he would probably be one of the guys who never got an EK... and between the end of the war and the Hindenburg Cross... he had nothing...

Here is another "badische 6er Ordensspange" I quite like too.

Sorry about the poor quality of the photos: due to an excess of luminosity the colours are not exactly what they truly are (the reds are too rosy and the whites should be more yellowish).

Edited by j-sk

Here is an interesting group of a proud "Landwehrian" of Inf Rgt 16... who would have been quite crossed in 1934 when all the unofficial medals were banned from the Ordensspangen.

Please note the small silvered tag on the back (Paul Küst, Berlin).

Jean-Sam.

Absolutely splendid group!

Furthermore you have unwillingly brought an answer to a topic I started regarding the "Deutsches Feld-Ehrenkreuz".

But what exactly are the colours of the ribbon?

On my screen, it appears to be light blue with a broad central ladder-like black and white stripe bordered by small red stripes. Can you confirm please?

By the way, should you one day decide, for whatever reason, to sell this group, DO NOT HESITATE to contact me! ;)

All the best,

Jean-Sam.