News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kings Royal Rifle Corps Buckle

Hi westhuller - I'm inclined to think that it's a relatively modern "eastern" made fashion item unconnected to the military, the eagle & roped circular design look rather asian / arabic - is that part of the design based on the German SS belt plate perhaps?

As does the crown, this unusual style of crown & the eagle have no link to insignia of the British Kings Royal Rifle Corps.

There were a load of button, belt plate, embroidered blazer badges churned out in the 1980's - 90's which were similar to this in that they took their inspiration from real military insignia but botched mismatched elememts together.

Other insignia were produced as direct copies in design but purely for ladies fashions - my wife had a blazer with rather nice British Royal Army Pay Corps officers Kings Crown gilt buttons, nicely made but not produced for the unit, purely for fashion wear.