News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Peter Nyitrays collections of Hungarian and Austro-Hungarian militaria.

Peter Orincsay

Guest Rick Research

Have you printed out those amazing color slides?

The image of Jesus protecting the traffic cop is quite amusing! Is that a Catholic or Protestant prayer book--or made "generic" for all occasions? I've got a couple of Austro-Hungarian naval Rank Lists which are full of Catholic religious holidays, and every day's patron saint.... alongside schamatics of foreign battleship armor plating! :rolleyes:

• Replies 238
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have scanned all of the color slides as well as the black and white negatives. The slides are very hard to scan since their quality is not so good as the B&W negatives. The reaso is that they were kept in glas frames and that the quality of the film material was not so developed at this time allthough I have seen som well kept slides as well here on GMIC.

Here?s a sample of the slides in my collection.

• 2 weeks later...

Inspired by Chris Boonzaier?s ?Little piece of heaven? photos in his thread, I took some photos of my little piece of heaven, the room I spend most of the time. My work room.

I keep most of my parts of my collections here as well as my computer and scanner. I work a lot with old historical photos. I restore, scan, colour and gather information. Here I correspond with many other collectors and photographers and friends.

Peter,

A very nice dislay of your collection. I like the idea of including your own military history along side that of your grandfather and the rest of your collection. Tomorrows military history is todays modern army. A great way to document the Hungarian military history in your own home.

Regards,

Godon

• 2 weeks later...

My grandfather L?szl? Orincsay was in the class of 1937 and graduated the 20th august at the Royal Hungarian Ludovika Academy in Budapest.

His photo is the first from the right in the left column bottom row.

The Commandant of the Royal Hungarian Ludovika Academy, General Szombathelyi Ferenc is pictured in the middle of the graduates.

There is even a photo of a ceremony were my grandfather receives one of these awards. He is in the middle of this photo,standing in front.

The place is most certainly the grass field behind the academy building.

A resent photo of this place can be seen here: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/hu/9...010335-1000.jpg

FAKES...?

During my years of collecting i encountered many really ugly pieces. Some are pure fantasy thing only to fool the amateur collectors and make money to greedy fakers..

I don't know the origins of these pieces but in my eyes they look like bad fakes. The sellers talk that they were made during the war, and that there was no time to make them properly. :banger:

Sounds like just like it is... Just greedy sells talk..

I don?t like to display garbage, but i do it just so no one should pay for things like this!

The first piece is a "Vit?zs?gert" (for bravery) medal. The details near the upper ring looks to amature for a medal of this kind. The brass (original in bronze) feels thin, the hanger ring is also very poorly made.

• 1 month later...

Peter,

I've seen lots of the "Vit?zs?gert" fakes for sale in Budapest. It is easy for anyone to see the difference between this medal and the other originals you posted. Besides being made of the wrong material, the things that sood out on these and just "shouted" fake was the head of Horthy which is not well defined at all and the thin lettering. Very good to post them with real examples.

Regards,

Gordon