News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

YUGOSLAV ORDERS & MEDALS

Walter483,

I looked at two Yugoslav medals at a Coin and Satmp show today and have a couple of questions. The first one I looked at was the Order of Merit ist class. Unlike the one in your collection this award had a pin back but an unusual looking one in that there were two prongs on the pin. One latched in the normal fashion. The other started about half way down the pic and came to a sharp piont about 2 cm later. Is this type of pin back very common? The second one was an Order of National Merit 2nd class and it looked just like yours front and back. My question of both of these would be value. I know that varies with condition and neither of these is in mint condition.

Regards,

Gordon

Walter483,

Sorry, no pictures. I always carry my camera with me but for some reason I decided to leave it at home yesterday. I am sure they will still be on the dealers table the next time I see him, which won't be until the New Year, and I'll take some pictures then and post them here.

Regards,

Gordon

...this award had a pin back but an unusual looking one in that there were two prongs on the pin. One latched in the normal fashion. The other started about half way down the pic and came to a sharp piont about 2 cm later. Is this type of pin back very common?

I've seen those before. I'm no expert (I have only one Yugo ODM) but it's my understanding that those attachment types are of a later era. I'd opine that Yugo variations, beyond the 5 or 6 Torches, aren't collected heavily, mainly because there so few (ODMs, collectors and guides). :)

• 3 weeks later...
    • 10 years later...

This seems the best thread to post images of displays.  I don't want to create a new thread when a similar one already exists.

So here's my new display:  there's two places unfilled at the moment; one, the Order of Merit to the People 2c is in the mail right now, and eventually I'm going to add another Partisan Star to fill this out.

If any of you Yugoslav collectors have display images please share them here.  I love seeing collections. :D

000_4700.jpg