News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medals from Thailand

ilja559

Guest Rick Research

I just saw a WW2 Victory (ahem!) Medal-- charging elephant, 3rd from top left-- at a local show last weekend. I would have bought it if I had any more money left. :(

I like the strange variations of the South Vietnamese "1960-75" campaign Stars! :cheers:

For these the seller asked 3500 bat (about 100 dollars) for a piece. But has then discounted. Still there was a medal of 2500 of the Buddhism. But it looked too new as though it has just been made.

The larger photo of a hybrid.

• 2 weeks later...

"The Defender of Freedom" medal.

The medal is founded by king the Frame IX in 1969. It was entrusted military and civil persons for display of courage in struggle against communistic insurgents, and also wound and the victim (posthumously) in operations on maintenance of safety of the country. Rushes on the left side of a breast.

The medal has two classes, and the medal of the second class has two degrees.

The medal of the first class is entrusted the persons who have lost (posthumously), critically wounded patients or proved in struggle against communistic insurgents.

The medal of the second class of the first degree was entrusted militarians and police grades, civil servants and simple citizens for oustanding service in dangerous conditions in struggle against communistic insurgents.

The medal of the second class of the second degree was entrusted militarians and police grades, civil servants and simple citizens for service in struggle against communistic insurgents.

The medal of dark color has the form of two squares put against each other (with displacement on 90 degrees). In the center the emblem of armed forces of Thailand is located.

The medal is attached to a red tape with eight white thin strips.

The medal of the first class has on a tape an ornament as two gold olive branch

The medal of the second class of the first degree has on a tape a gold ornament as the stylized image of explosion of a bomb.

The medal of the second class of the second degree has no any additions on a tape.

• 3 years later...

I like the strange variations of the South Vietnamese "1960-75" campaign Stars!

This strange variation is a concoction, of the SVN campaign medal with Rama IX 50yr anniversary badge stuck on the front and an apparent medical pin in the ribbon. Who knows what the purpose was - but it's not an issued medal like that.