News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

CITATIONS - Auxiliary Cruiser Badge

My last purchase of 2007.

Award doc for the Aux Cruiser War Badge for a member of the crew of the Orion, signed by the captain, Kurt Weyher.

The award date of August 1941 in Bordeaux refers to Orion's safe return to the French port, after a war cruise lasting 511 days, covering over 127,000 miles and having sunk over 73,000 tons of enemy shipping.

Several German sources quote the number of Aux Cruiser War Badges awarded at around 1500-1600, in other words roughly half the number that actually served on Aux Cruisers qualified for the badge.

Certainly the rarest of the KM war badges, and one of the rarest of all Wehrmacht War Badges.

Great document Gordon and very rare.I would like to get one myself one of these days.The great thing about the Hilfskreuzer Documents is that most of them are signed by the Commanders of the ships,Gerlach,Kahler,Eyssen,Weyher,Gumprich,etc.

For interest here is a signed photo i have of Kurt Weyher.

Regards,Martin.

Edited by mwestley