News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 65
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not much into Braunschweig, but this is the - I'd guess - 15th or 20th he is offering. Can those all be real ... ? The mounting looks evil, the Bew?hrungsabzeichen either. Don't know about the cross, but even if the cross itself was good, I wouldn'd buy it ...

:speechless:

Thats why I stopped buying WWII German Medals and Orders: To many fakes, sold all of them and buy the rare Iraqi Orders and Medals.

Hard to tell: Here is a WWII German Cross in Gold is it real or Original? Hard to say but I want it, price on this is $1,800.00

Its the chance you take on buying this type of Militaria. Fakes are selling higher then the originals.

he has bought the two china bars from me some weeks ago..... now they have additional battle clasps and oakleaves... :mad::angry:

So there it is Gentlemen.

I would never knowingly buy anything, no matter how good, no matter what price, from such a person :violent:

I would never knowingly buy anything, no matter how good, no matter what price, from such a person :violent:

Not even his "genuine" ribbons for 3,- Euro each ...

:speechless:

From me he bought a Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen that came up on a strange huge medal bar some weeks later ... :mad:

So there it is Gentlemen.

I agree with Wild Card on this but the problem is what happens when these pieces change hands a few times over the years? We can associate these bars with a name. Will we remember them in five years? Too bad people are like this.

Well.....we all know what he's doing with the stuff he's buying-so why do you sell to him? You can block every single Ebay account from your auctions! Or ist it "pecunia non olet"?

Micha

The link to the german biddermanagement -I'm sure there's a similar one at Ebay .com

http://pages.ebay.de/services/buyandsell/b...management.html

Edited by Motorhead

he has bought the two china bars from me some weeks ago.....now they have additional battle clasps and oakleaves...

I don't know the seller, but I saved the same pictures earlier this week (the two china bars as well as the single EK2). I awaited comments on this forum, and they came indeed. I just had the shivers down my spine knowing now from who they came, knowing what happened to them, knowing that someone will be deceived :shame:

Laurens

wat irritates me is his 100% positive feedback, at first site his auctions look great but if you know they have been set up :(

look at those high bids...damn

Gentlemen.

Please let me start by saying that I have never bought anything on eBay precisely because of issues raised in this thread. I would like to add something with regard to two points based on past observations.

First, with regard to ?his 100% positive feedback?, it seems that this figure can be loaded by feedback from false accounts and coconspirators.

Second, with regard to ?look at those high bids...damn?, prices can be raised by false accounts and coconspirators. Let?s say that you wind up bidding on a piece against one or two other bidders who, in fact, fall into one of the two above categories. They will get you up to a certain point and ... Congratulations, you won! Or, you may drop out and they are stuck with the high bid. Don?t feel badly, you will shortly be informed that the successful bidder did not pay, changed his mind or whatever; and once again... Congratulations, another winner!

Anyone who knowingly sells bad goods on such a regular basis would not be beneath such practices.

I agree with Wild Card on this but the problem is what happens when these pieces change hands a few times over the years? We can associate these bars with a name. Will we remember them in five years? Too bad people are like this.

An excellent point, to which the answer most likely is ?probably not?; or the often used ?I seem to remember...? . At any rate, this does raise a point which I think is worth consideration.

When I started collecting over thirty years ago, fakes and frauds were as much of a problem as they are today. I can remember OMSA conventions in the early eighties where I would purposely walk across the aisle to avoid looking at what a certain individual, who was particularly known for selling fakes, was offering. Sure, he had good stuff too; but I didn?t want to take a chance.

Even though I had the good fortune of ?growing up? under the watchful eyes of Eric Ludvigsen and George Seymour, I have to admit that I have seen and learned more about fakes through this forum during the past two and a half years than I did during the previous thirty. There is a wealth of such information here; but it is scattered. The ongoing problem though is retention (Where have I seen that before?). Some of us can retain all of this (Eric was scary when it came to retention); but for the rest of us mere mortals it is a problem.

Recognizing this problem and sensing a similar frustration and outrage among other members, I would like to propose a separate data base (thread) devoted to this issue. I have given this quite a bit of thought and have come up with an outline and format which I think is quite workable. If there is any interest please let me know. If so, rather than hijack this thread, I will initiate and share my thoughts on another thread.

Thank you for listening,

Wild Card

Well,creating a database could be the only thing we can do-it drives me crazy when I see this big fraud! One bar added with oaks and clasps,the other one the clasp was exchanged.....and there's no legal way to stop them! So how should this database look like?

Micha