News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Former Iraqi Leader Saddam Hussien Photos

Guest IMHF

Former Iraqi Leader Saddam Hussien Photos: Form my Collection

Here is a Group of Photos of the Former Iraqi Leader Saddam Hussien from my collection. I bought these photos from my antique dealer friend in Baghdad, Iraq. Please feel free to leave posts on things you notice in the photos, for others to share the information. If you have any Original Photos of Saddam Please post them here for others to see.

This thread is for educational purposes only and to provide a Photo Gallery of Saddam for others to share information on his time of being a leader of Iraq and military history.

Thank you for viewing:

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

• Replies 58
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick Research

All I can read is "1991." :rolleyes:

Are these press release publicity photos, or private presentation pix from an inspection/visit?

All I can read is "1991." :rolleyes:

Are these press release publicity photos, or private presentation pix from an inspection/visit?

Thats all I can read from it as well: I do not know, thats why I am going to find out by posting all my photos here on the Thread.

Thank you

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Possibly Iraq Iran War: Meeting of some sort with his Commanders

Actual size of Photo: 8" by 8"

Edited by IMHF

Saddam Visiting a city some where in Iraq: Baghdad

Who do you think the men with all the Batons are? They are pushing the crowd back as Saddam visits the city. I bet that there was a lot of snipers on the roofs of the building tops as he passed.

Actual size of Photo 8" by 10"

Edited by IMHF

Famous Photo of Saddam: He demands the Iraqi Commanders to take back double the land the Iranians took during the Iraq Iran War. It motivated the Iraqi troops and they took back double what the Iranians took. Being an Iraqi Army Military Commander, you knew that there had to of been consequences if you failed and returned back home to Iraq.

Actual size of Photo: 8" by 10"

Edited by IMHF

Photo Prep Day: with Mr. Jan the Photographer and his son Oday

This is a photo I picked up at an antique shop in Baghdad, Iraq. The picture is of Saddam Hussein, preparing for a famous Photo shoot. We see today many Photos of Saddam showing off his Medals and Orders near an old antique table or mirror, this was the prep day for that Photo taken. At saddam's right is standing his son Oday and at Left is the Photographer Mr. Jan, what day it was taken I do not know. The one he took with his son has showed up in many Iraqi propaganda books that I have seen.

Medal Bar Line Up

1. Wisam al-Jadara First Class

2. Nut al-Shujat/ Bravery Medal

3. Nut al-Khidmat al-Amma

4. Nut Herb Filiistin 1948-49

5. Nut Qami al-Isyian fi al-Shimal

6. Nut Thurath 14 Ramadan

7. Nut Thurath 17 Tamuz

8. Nut al-T'aawan Syira cooperation Medal

9. Nut al-Salam

10.Iraqi Army Golden Jubilee Medal

11.Medal for the 1973 War with Israel

12.Wisam al-Rafidain (First Class) Military wreath with swords Sash and Breast Badge:

Actual size of Photo: 6.5" by 9"

Edited by IMHF

Saddam Hussien's Medals on display in South Africa

Collected by a retired South African colonel, William Endley, the medals comprise sashes, badges and orders.

The display include medals such as the 'Mother of All Battles', which he was awarded after the Iraq-Kuwait war. Saddam's medal for crushing the Kurdish rebellion was also put on display in South Africa.

Saddam was known to have had 19 palaces prior to the 1991 Gulf War and at least 25 additional palaces were built or partially completed in the decade that followed," notes a museum display. That is why alot of his ODM is turning up.

He had earned the first 4 medals while a soldier. He was also awarded the rare
    Wisam
    al-Jadara - Order of Merit
    -
    awarded to only three or four Iraqi rulers.

How to view:
    click on the link below then on the site scroll down until you see the image of Saddam's Medal bar, it will say next to it
    Saddam's military medals on
    play.
    It will have a 56k next to it as well. You will need to have
    RealPlayer Beta
    to view, it will ask you if you want to down load realplayer click yes /run This player will let you down load the video for free. You never know when they will take the video off the site so now is the time to get it.

Edited by IMHF

Saddam's Visit with The Egyption Presedent Muhammad Hosni Said Mubarak

Bought this photo from an antique dealer in Baghdad, Iraq.

You can find out so much more information about Muhammad Hosni Said Mubarak:

This photo was Printed on Konica paper

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosni_Mubarak

Edited by IMHF

Saddam's Visit with The Sudanies Presedent: Omar Hasan Ahmad al-Bashir

I Bought this Photo from an antique dealer in Baghdad, Iraq. It is printed on AGFA Photo paper with The year 1997 written in pen on the Back of the photo.

This visit takes place in one of Saddam's Palaces:

Find out more information on Omar Hasan Ahmad al-Bashir on the web page below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_al-Bashir

Edited by IMHF

Saddam's Visit with Palestinian leader: Yasser Arafat

I Bought this Photo from an antique dealer in Baghdad, Iraq. It is printed on Konica Photo paper. The background appears to be one of Saddam's Presidential Palaces.

Find out more information on Yasser Arafat on the web page below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasser_Arafat

Edited by IMHF

Those are some very significant photos there. :jumping::jumping::jumping: Are they all "originals"? I really like the one where he is posed with Oday.

Paul

That one looks like a family member or friend took it, as they prepare for the real photograph to be taken. As you see Mr. Jan is setting up his equipment. I paid $50.00 for it I don't realy know if it is a copy or original. The parper it is printed on is very old, I am still proud to have it in my collection of Iraqi Militaria.

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

Paul

That one looks like a family member or friend took it, as they prepare for the real photograph to be taken. As you see Mr. Jan is setting up his equipment. I paid $50.00 for it I don't realy know if it is a copy or original. The parper it is printed on is very old, I am still proud to have it in my collection of Iraqi Militaria.

SSG Luna, Lorenzo

I agree!! That is one top notch photo collection! :jumping:

Saddam has a meeting at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier Baghdad, Iraq

I bought this Photo off of an antique dealer in Baghdad, Iraq. Saddam is having some sort of meeting at the Iraq Iran war Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Baghdad, Iraq.

Find out more information about the Iraq Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at the link below:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/wor...d-monuments.htm

Saddam is awarding his Iraqi Air Force Pilots Iraqi Orders and Medals for their Bomb Missions

These Iraqi Air force pilots are being awarded the Wisam al-Rafidain Thired Class and the Nut al-Shujat/ Bravery Medal

From thier Commander and Chief Saddam Hussien.

Bought these two photos from an antique dealer in Baghdad, Iraq, they are printed on Konica Paper.

Actual size of both Photos: 8" by 10"

Edited by IMHF

Saddam is awarding his Iraqi Army Commanders the Wisam al-Rafidain Second Class Neck Order:

Bought this photo from an antique dealer in Baghdad, Iraq, printed on Sakuracolor Long Life 100 Paper. Has some thing written in arabic on the back left of the paper.

Wisam al-Rafidain Second Class Neck Order Republic Military:

This piece here is from my Iraqi Militara Collection:

Edited by IMHF

Saddam is awarding his Iraqi Army Commanders the Wisam al-Rafidain Second Class Neck Order:

Bought this photo from an antique dealer in Baghdad, Iraq, printed on Sakuracolor Long Life 100 Paper. Has some thing written in arabic on the back left of the paper.

This is what is written on the back of this photo:

That is interesting that they wore actual repeat awards versus using a repetition device(such as a star). Is it me or does it seem that every member in the Iraqi military wore a mustache! :hitler:

That is interesting that they wore actual repeat awards versus using a repetition device(such as a star). Is it me or does it seem that every member in the Iraqi military wore a mustache!

Where did you find the Adolf Hitler Smiley? Pritty Cool..... :hitler: '

SSG Luna, Lorenzo :hitler:

Here is Saddam awarding a beautiful sword to his Ministrey of Defence (MOD)

Bought this photo from an antique dealer in Baghdad, Iraq, printed Konica Paper.

Can any one identify any of the MOD leaders here in this phot?