News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This should be arriving next week. Awarded to Oberleutnant Heinrich Bertsch. Courtesy of Stijn David: "Heinrich Bertsch was part of the 4.(H)/Aufkl?rungsgruppe 23 when he was awarded the DKiG on 24.06.1943" I will also be getting his DKiG document, which I'm posting in the LW Documents section. I'm pretty sure it's a good one, but please have a look.

Regards,

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, guys. I never actually thought I'd own one of these, but a stroke of luck/coincidence made it possible: This came up for sale out of an old collection just about the same time I received my end-of-year bonus from work. It was spent before my wife even knew how much it was. :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...

I know what you mean. It was not really something that I was looking for but having got one in a swop I will NOT be parting with it. It just feels like quality and I can imagine the pride of the recipient on receiving it.

This one is to Unteroffizier Wilhelm Tebbe 10/6/42. I understand he was also awarded the DKG while serving in 11./KG 2

Nice one, Wessel! I got some other items belonging to the goblet winner, as well. Unfortunately, the Ehrenpokal award document was not one of them. :(

--Kevin

Never give up hope - I've seen (a few times) the documents surface on the market after the rest of the grouping has been sold off. They're difficult to locate, but not impossible!

ERIC :cheers:

• 2 months later...

Yeah, pretty lucky, eh? It turns out that the fellow I purchased the goblet from found the document amongst some other items, several months later. So he sent it to me. Free of charge.

Edited by norwest78

Yeah, pretty lucky, eh? It turns out that the fellow I purchased the goblet from found the document amongst some other items, several months later. So he sent it to me. Free of charge.

that makes it all the sweeter!!

good for you!good for him!!

joe

Hey, Eric. Guess what?? :beer:

See that! I won't say it................. Yes I will - "told you so!" :rolleyes: A hearty CONGRATULATIONS Kev! :beer: That was pretty awesome for that fellow to send it to you free of charge! I think it's so cool how it all came together for you my friend!!

ERIC

You were right, Eric! Now please tell me that I'll find some of his period photos. ;)

Thank you all for your nice comments. I wish all of you the best of luck in your collecting. :cheers:

Regards,

Kevin

Congratulations, and I agree with Eric, the friend of yours sounds like a true gentleman,

there sure is something about the goblets that sets them apart from most other awards,

I guess I am a bit of a fan too.

Love your goblet !!

Best wishes

Bob

You never know Kev, you never know! A very good possibility seeing as though you have your lucky streak going! ;) Mr. Lyons, what a sweet 'pokal! Love it as well! I take it those are photos of the recipient?

ERIC