News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi,

Thought i would post some pictures of my Junker tank badge,"probably" made interwar period,though open to conjecture.

My only concern is the Junkers mark has a top to the "j"

The badge is beautifully constructed with a rayed back ,note no dodgy crown and crecent marks.

It is hollow and constructed from tombac with silver plate.

Originally acquired many years ago from a family in France, no further details or documentation to confirm originality.Though holding it and studying it under high magnification it appears totally period ie 1921/1939 (only my own humble opinion for what its worth)

Some may like it,some may not,personally i do ,either way heres the pictures..and always interested to hear negative and positive comments .

Best wishes

Steve

Edited by arrestanddevelopment

Hi,

Thought i would post some pictures of my Junker tank badge,"probably" made interwar period,though open to conjecture.

My only concern is the Junkers mark has a top to the "j".

The badge is beautifully constructed with a rayed back ,note no crown and crecent marks.

It is hollow and constructed from tombac with silver plate.

Originally acquired many years ago from a family in France, no further details or documentation to confirm originality.Though holding it and studying it under high magnification it appears totally period ie 1921/1939 (only my own humble opinion for what its worth)

Some may like it,some may not,personally i do ,either way heres the pictures..and always interested to hear negative and positive comments .

Best wishes

Steve

Hi,

My memory is not what it was,but i believe it was over six years ago if not a lot more.Iam aware these are heavily copied It may be right or a wrong one,i am no expert but i still adore it,as i think its a great badge.As always everyones opinion on any badge is valid,having studied the forum sites discussing WW1 Vets panzer badges i dont think anyone is 100% sure on which examples are period,some are obvious copies but others i have seen you just have to marvel at !!....blimy what a minefield ..worse than WW1 pilot badges !!!

best wishes

:D steve