News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

H.J. & B.D.M Tinnie Database

• 1 month later...
    • Replies 242
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

[attachmentid=57045][attachmentid=57046]

Benten Very nice Thuringen you have there. They are hard to find in that condition. Here is one of my favorites.....Hj Aufmarsch Hamburghein Godenwind. I have seen these with the diamond in enamel. A rare bird. Let us try to bring this thread back from life support. You show one and I will show one. Robert :beer:

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the complement.

Your tinnie is one of my favorite tinnies. I have never seen these with the diamond in enamel. Your tinnie is about the inauguration of "The Hein Godenwind". It was a HJ Youth hostel (HJ training vacation perhaps too)- sail ship.

You made a nice and symphathetic suggestion, Robert, but I like to post tinnies some times and I will feel free in doing this now and then :beer: I will post more tinnies here .

I am interested to see more of your tinnies, so we can see our tinnies here .

If I find it I post a picture of the Hein Godenwind sailship itselve later on.I looked for it now, but I have to search on.

Cheers,

Benten

Wanted to let you know I appreciate being allowed to see the items being posted from collections.

I would contribute, however I believe all that I possess have been shown some where within the pages.

Current tinnie prices tend to keep me from any further purchases. :unsure:

Please keep showing these most interesting items and know that your efforts are appreciated.

If and when I do obtain a new item I will be sure to share.

--dj--Joe

[attachmentid=57227]

Benten I like that postcard. Is there any writing on the back? And Joe, I hear what your saying. Believe it or not I have seen this one sold from 100 to 150 dollard in the recent past. At times it makes me want to start to cash in my chips. Feldernhalle fever?

Joe, thanks for your kind words. I hope you will find tinnies to post here. :beer:

Robert , I have only a front picture of the postcard. I don't own it.

Your HJ tinnie 1923-1933 is very nice. It commemorates the Hitler Putsch in 1923. According the Axis forum there were no nazi youngsters ( Jungbund ) involved directly in the Putsch. The HJ as an institution was established later in 1926. The slogan on your tinnie is a very good example of nazi propaganda. :beer:

Here a nice link about the HJ history; http://www.axishistory.com/index.php?id=3001

Cheers,

Benten

Robert, this nice tinnie shows the bronze griffon statue of Karlsruhe. It is located in front of the Grenadiersgeba?de ( Garrison building). This is a very old building with large ground surface around that was in military use , long before the Nazis used it in 1936 for their 109th infantry regiment. I'm still looking for a tinnie with this Griffon. There exist more tinnies a with different design .

Here a picture of the building and Griffonstatue.[attachmentid=58026]

• 1 month later...

Deutsche Jugendherberge a nice badge. I presume the text is “Jugendburg, Youth castle, Staleck”.The S in difficult to see. It was and still is one of the nicest youth hostels in Germany about 50km south from Koblenz near the river Rine.

Cheers,

Benten

Here a picture ..........nice to recognize that the right side of the building here is depicted on your tinnie.

[attachmentid=62906]

Hi Robert, I've twiddled with the picture a bit to get it lighter, it dosn't show up as much in hand, its just a darker patch of whatever they put on it to err... darken it.

Regards,

Pete

Another new one to the fold. In this case the dark area has been polished and the scan makes it come out black.

Edited by wood

• 2 weeks later...

Newly aquired. Not strictly a tinnie, but I thought that you would like it Don!

Now to find the other two. Not a painted diamond but enamelled. It just hasn't come out right in this pic.

Edited by wood

• 2 weeks later...