News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

H.J. & B.D.M Tinnie Database

• Replies 242
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Zweibrücken.

Two nice ones there Pete, your not wrong about the price these days

that Lorrach one is a cracker. I found nothing at the last Brum

no SA or HJ, same on the net not much on the websites i visit.

Got any tips. I don,t want to know all your secrets :rolleyes:

Regards

Mametz

Well Mametz,

These two were at the MCM, as was I. Though as my car has been stolen, I am constained in time, as to when my lift wishes to arrive and leave.

I also picked up a first pattern Braunschweig SA for a steal.

Regards,

Pete

Note, the dealer with the HJ tinnies was using Tieste as a priceguide, so they were not over the top, even before the trade.

My main contact at the moment is an 70 year old ex-collector in Germany who is liquidating his collection, I get offered the stuff that has the dreaded swastika, as he can't ebay them.

Edited by wood

Well Mametz,

These two were at the MCM, as was I. Though as my car has been stolen, I am constained in time, as to when my lift wishes to arrive and leave.

I also picked up a first pattern Braunschweig SA for a steal.

Regards,

Pete

Note, the dealer with the HJ tinnies was using Tieste as a priceguide, so they were not over the top, even before the trade.

My main contact at the moment is an 70 year old ex-collector in Germany who is liquidating his collection, I get offered the stuff that has the dreaded swastika, as he can't ebay them.

I can,t believe i missed those two, i was there at 930am whose table were they on?

must be walking round with my eyes shut

Regards

Mametz

• 2 months later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Hitler Youth Ski Team Competition Badge.

Bought this badge earlier this year - measures 3,8cm x 4,5cm

Multi- piece construction, the outer border reads "Mannschaftslauf 1935-36-Nesselwang-Bayern" with green enamel. The skis are attached with 4 hollow rivets and as the HJ diamond in the center of the edelweiss.

I'm sorry to say that the enamel "Nesselwang" is considered by most enamel collectors to be a fake based on a very similar design, "all metal" tinnie, see here for an original http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=443963&highlight=nesselwang

The enamel versions appeared in the 1970's around the same time as the DRK sisters badges with the coloured borders, the DRK alpine rescue badge & the various NSFK enamel fakes.

Sorry :blush:

Don

• 1 month later...
    • 3 months later...

I don't blame you for not coming mate, a dreary wet day. Entry is now £4! I found one swastikerless cloth tinnie.

Oh, I also bought a copy of Gordens new book on Naval badges.

85% of my new stuff is from germany, 10% from America, 5% here.

I see Chris (the polisher) will be selling his collection over on WA, that will be interesting, as he has some wild ideas on pricing.

Pete

• 3 months later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...