News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 291
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish I could contribute to this topic but my collection is lacking in KdF items.

I just did a run through of all 12 pages quite an array. So many different mediums used in the manufacture of these badges.

Forscherin, did you note ID 49 back on page #2 ? 

--dj--Joe

On 19-11-2016 at 18:45, --dj--Joe said:

I wish I could contribute to this topic but my collection is lacking in KdF items.

I just did a run through of all 12 pages quite an array. So many different mediums used in the manufacture of these badges.

Forscherin, did you note ID 49 back on page #2 ? 

--dj--Joe

Hi Joe! Yes, it's a lovely wooden tinnie with the same "Monte Olivia "subject! And not at all common.This topic is full of wonderful examples I never saw before. In fact, the wooden tinnie reminds me of my favourite tinnie; the one shown below :) Perhaps you remember it? ;) The pictures are quite old, but they still sort of work.

birds1.jpg

birds2.jpg

birds3.jpg

On 19-11-2016 at 23:52, Rosenberg said:

Great pictures,Forscherin!

Thank you Rosenberg! :)

:D I do remember. The wooden tinnies are a favorite collecting theme of mine. More of a hands on cottage assembled type item. The imagination  can just see someone assembling and painting them.

Thanks so much for sharing, --dj--Joe

Edited by --dj--Joe

On 22-11-2016 at 00:01, --dj--Joe said:

:D I do remember. The wooden tinnies are a favorite collecting theme of mine. More of a hands on cottage assembled type item. The imagination  can just see someone assembling and painting them.

Thanks so much for sharing, --dj--Joe

I like them too :) This is a nice one for a KdF-trip to the Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung. There's no year on this one, so we can't know for sure which show it was. Not even Tiëste mentions a year for this tinnie in his book. As there is a wooden tinnie for the Gau Sachsen KdF-trip to the 1937 show that has the year on it, and because the 1939 show was quite remarkable and would probably have hinted at why that was, this tinnie probably is for one of the other shows between 1933 and 1939.

The German International Motor Show goes back to 1897, when the first one was held. That year, it had 8 vehicles on display. There were two or more shows each year, until the First World War began. The show resumed in 1921, with approximately 70 vehicles on display.

Early in 1939, the 29th show took place, and it attracted close to 900.000 visitors. This was the Motor Show that introduced the KdF-Wagen. There would be no next Automobil und Motorrad Ausstellung until six years after the Second World War ended.

The tinnie is marked with makersnumber 28. Seiffen, of course, a village in the Erzgebirge that is known as Spielzeugdorf since before 1760 even.

front.jpg

side.jpg

otherside.jpg

back.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    On 10-12-2016 at 16:32, --dj--Joe said:

I assume the writting on these were stamped or a decal, (?) But the paint work on your example is superb.

--dj--Joe

The writing up front you mean? Probably a stamp or a mold, yes. Here is the promised little bird Joe! You'll like this one ;)

bird1.jpg

bird2.jpg

Unfortunately this one suffered a bit of damage; the yellow shield broke right below the word "kraft".

And a picture of the back. The repaired pin-attachment was glued over the name Seiffen.

bird3.jpg

• 3 months later...
    • 4 weeks later...

Not so many people nowadays, but this is the database for KdF tinnies, not a valuation area and none of these are KdF.

That being said, possibly, £20, £20, £15 (repaired pin), £30 (rough backing material)

Pete

• 1 month later...
    • 1 year later...