News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

DDR: Dankward Fehr Group

While not yet researched, I have the group and all certificates to Dankward Fehr, whoever he is.

1- Hero of Work

2- Verdienstmedaille der Deutsche Demokratische Republik

3- Verdienter Techniker des Volkes

4- Verdienstmedaille der Zivilverteidigung

5- Verdeinter Aktivist

6- Aktivist des Siebenjahreplans 1961

7- Aktivist des Siebenjahreplans 1965

8- Aktivist des Siebenjahreplans 1966

9- Aktivist des Siebenjahreplans [1968]

10- Arthur-Becker-Medaille I

11- Arthur-Becker-Medaille II

12- Arthur-Becker-Medaille III (suspension clasp only)

Edited by Ed_Haynes

• 2 weeks later...

Ed,

If you have his name and possibly an address or at least some indication of where he lived or worked, he or his family can probably be found in an online telephone directory or similar listing.

/David

I really wish I knew more, David. All I have are the medals and the certificates. Will post details, for the interest of the multitudes.

Ed

=============================================

Held der Arbeit / Hero of Work

Awarded 7 October 1984, Bartel #53i.

And his Held der Arbeit certificate.

MOST BIZARRE - replies seem to be appending - shall put posts on hold for the time being.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

This is the First East German Hero Grouping I have ever seen! Are there any photos of the gentleman?

Best regards

Paul

Thanks, Paul,

Unfortunately, I have no photos or anything else. The only clues I have is the place shown on his Seven-Year Plan urkunde: 1961: Zwickau - 1965. 1969: Eisenach.

More to come . . . .

Ed

Aktivist des Siebenjahreplans 1965 / Activist of the Seven-Year Plan, 1965

As these badges all look pretty much the same, I don't see any (good) reason to post them all, as they are shown in the group photo above. I'll just show the certificates.

Certificate dated 1 May 1965, Bartel #78/65.

Arthur-Becker-Medaille / Arthur Becker Medal

Comrade Fehr was apparently also active in the Freien Deutsche Jugend (FDJ) and received the Arthur-Becker-Medaille, 1st variety, in all three classes, gold, silver, and bronze. The bronze medal has lost its "medal" and is only the suspension pin. The evil temptation to "restore" this is great, but I am good.

The certificate for the bronze medal is also missing.

Edited by Rick Research

Arthur-Becker-Medaille, 1st variety, silber / Arthur Becker Medal, 1st variety, silver

Certificate dated 7 March 1969, Haarcke and H?sken, #319.1.1.

Dankwald actually shows up if you google him. There can't be two in Eisenach.

Dankwald actually shows up if you google him. There can't be two in Eisenach.

Thanks a lot. But, in addition to being just beyond my comfort level in German these days (and the BabelFish version is, of course, worse than the German!), I'm not sure there is much here. Am I wrong?

http://mihla.de/chr/030327HI.HTM

Thanks a lot. But, in addition to being just beyond my comfort level in German these days (and the BabelFish version is, of course, worse than the German!), I'm not sure there is much here. Am I wrong?

http://mihla.de/chr/030327HI.HTM

No, thats nothing exiting. Only, that Dankwart Fehr donated to an initiative to save a local open bath.

best,

Gerd