News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

DDR: Dankward Fehr Group

No, thats nothing exiting. Only, that Dankwart Fehr donated to an initiative to save a local open bath.

best,

Gerd

Thanks, Gerd. That's what I got out of it too. Was afraid my aging German had missed something important. Assume that wasn't the basis for his HdA? :P

There are a couple of potental ways to research this group of East German civil decorations. The first would be to contact the Stasi-Archiv in Berlin to see if this individual has a Stasi file. The second is that major awards were always published in the Berlin and regional newpapers. I'm sure there is a German genelogy researcher or two willing to this kind of research for a price. Kevin

"There are a couple of potental ways to research this group of East German civil decorations. The first would be to contact the Stasi-Archiv in Berlin to see if this individual has a Stasi file"

I think you will get no answer from the archive. If I remember right only concerned person can look

in their own files and scientist and journalist have acess to the records, they have to constitute their wish to look at the records.

You have to to make an application to the agency which administrate the records. And you have to give a reason why to look at the record. I think a medal research is no reason, at all.

Here is the name of the agency.

"D I E B U N D E S B E A U F T R A G T E

f?r die Unterlagen des Staatssicherheitsdienstes

der ehemaligen Deutschen Demokratischen Republik"

Thats the homepage:

http://www.bstu.de/home.htm

Here is the link to the law in englisch

http://www.bstu.de/rechtl_grundl/index.htm

I think you will have better luck with the newspaper "Neues Deutschland". It was the main newspaper in the German Demokratic Republik. Maybe they published main awards and reasons. The newspaper still exist today. Here is the link.

http://www.nd-online.de/

Maybe they have the old newspapers in her archive and an article about Dankwart Fehr. Ask the newspaper for material out of his archives. Maybe they research it for a fee.

regards

Andreas

Edited by Alfred

Ed,

found an interesting detail on the homepage of the newspaper "Neues Deutschland". They have an archive

an do research for money in their old newspapers.

They research persons from 1946.

The contact e-mail is : recherche@nd-online.de

Maybe you try it. Don?t know the price of the research

best regards

Andreas

Here is the original text in german:

"Zum Beispiel: ND-Archiv / Recherchedienst

Der Recherchedienst basiert auf dem elektronischen Archiv von Neues Deutschland ab Mai 1993. Au?erdem k?nnen wir in unserem Presseausschnittspeicher ab 1946 speziell zu Personen recherchieren. Alle ND-Ausgaben seit der ND-Gr?ndung im April 1946 stehen unseren Nutzern in Form von Monatsb?nden zur Einsicht zur Verf?gung.

Die Nutzung des Archivs ist kostenpflichtig. Bei Erteilung von Rechercheauftr?gen geben Sie bitte das gew?nschte Thema oder Autor, Titel und Datum des Artikels sowie Ihre Abo-Nummer oder die vollst?ndige Anschrift an.

Kontakt: recherche@nd-online.de"

I have a few issues of "Neues Deutschland" from the late 1980s, one of which has the civil awards list. As I recall they were published twice a year. I know your decorations are from an earler period, but I'll see if I can post an extract here so you get an idea of the amount of information available. Kevin