News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 4 months later...
    • 2 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...

I'll get better pix, Kris.

It is a standard little candleholder .................. but with painted red hearts and green hagall-runen. It came from Munich. Never seen another.

Goes well with the 6-dotter.

Robin,

I am curious what model that is and looks like a 56, never saw one with paint either. If you get time and looks like a neat piece.

Best,

Kris

Hi all! This candle holder with a red heart showed me Ulrich Schneider in his shop in Munich this autumn. And another one rare...

That piece is post war paint and nothing even close to Allach standards, have seen this done before and not the first example. No offense but would pass on that and run.

Edited by Vid

Hi Kris! I too so thought, yet didn't take it in hands, in an inscription convex letters. It not simply paint. The size of the candlestick is the same as we all know.

Hello Basil, hope you are well and enjoying the holiday season!.

I think this piece is at least the 2nd example I have seen and I have probably seen 3 of them like this but one may have been a double and there is a vase with a transfer as well. The porcelain itself is obviously correct but the paint is just awful and if this were in your hands it would actually be pretty easy to prove as after manufacture with some chemicals and a swab. I have not done it for obvious reasons but I have little doubt that I could take the paint right off that thing.

They did make one for Waffen-SS but it was the white porcelain with the black/Brown coating and the subject or dedication line was actually molded with the candle holder and you have probably seen that piece as it has been published. Nice thing about that one as there is obviously no way to knock it for being post war enhanced or colored.

There are certainly better attempts than this piece and while its not readily discussed there have been several pieces in the last few years that are just not right and all of them are coming out over here in the U.S and through one dealer. Be careful of this and while it has not been openly discussed there is a problem and I would say it will only take an internet thread and a piece to open that up that topic.

Best,

Kris

Hello Kris!

Thanks! I went to the Allach and took a few photos of the old house, it slowly destroyed. On a candlestick an inscription – «Ergänzungsamt der Waffen-SS». According to Ulrich Schneider, he has bought this candlestick from family Jakob Grimminger, who was famous for carrying the Blutfahne. I looked closely at it, painted under glaze. Aesthetically it causes disputes, but I always held the opinion «If you don't know something or didn't see, it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist».

Next time we will go together to Munich! )

Basil

Edited by bulld

Hello Kris!

Thanks! I went to the Allach and took a few photos of the old house, it slowly destroyed. On a candlestick an inscription – «Ergänzungsamt der Waffen-SS». According to Ulrich Schneider, he has bought this candlestick from family Jakob Grimminger, who was famous for carrying the Blutfahne. I looked closely at it, painted under glaze. Aesthetically it causes disputes, but I always held the opinion «If you don't know something or didn't see, it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist».

Next time we will go together to Munich! )

Basil

Hi Basil,

Its o.k to have that kind of opinion but with what we know of the firm its fairly easy to call that paint job non-Allach as its just terrible and not even close to what we see in regards to their paint work. So it is a story and the piece is what I am looking at. The idea that paint under glaze is o.k is not accurate and you cannot apply that to an authentication to be honest with you, it can be used on some pieces but not to counter what gos on today in the market.

I was in Munich last year and visited the house as well as Dachau, interesting and it is posted as an unsafe structure so not sure how long that home will remain. Lot of history there and was nice to see that, easier to get there than into the SS industrial areas around Dachau as those are difficult and almost guarded.

Best,

Kris

Ок, Kris

I perhaps will agree with you about painting, maybe it's postwar bad taste, but convex letters testify that a candlestick is real. You agree? After all we communicate that to know truth ))

Basil

Ок, Kris

I perhaps will agree with you about painting, maybe it's postwar bad taste, but convex letters testify that a candlestick is real. You agree? After all we communicate that to know truth ))

Basil

The candle holder itself is correct without a doubt, I have not seen any ground up Allach porcelain fakes in the form of figures or 3 dimensions that I can think of.

Where else did you go when you were in Germany?

Best,

Kris

• 4 weeks later...

Oh yeah and you gotta love the story that it came from Grimminger!

Grimmiger had tons of stuff ;-) When I was in Munich 10 years ago, a dealer on one of the streets below the ViKtualienmarkt had his medlas and armband etc. etc. for sale, was not that expensive at all....

I bought it... not.