News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mongolian awards - a few very nice ones!

Christian L

Guest Rick Research

Ahhhhh... even Dr Battushig could not pry award numbers out of the Evil Archives Gnomes in Ulan Bator!...

WE will have to match dated serial numbers, just the way we do with SOVIET awards...

ONE at a time! :speechless1::cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Igor now has the Battushig book listed again, if anyone is interested.

I am trying to establish contact with Dr. Battushig and will advise the forum of my success (or not). May try to visit him this summer.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

• 1 month later...
    Guest Rick Research

Khalkin Gol badges again:

I was able to scan a 1945 smooth reverse type here visiting today, for a side by side comparison with the 1940 mirror reverse type. The immediate indicator, among many small details not easily remembered if only one is showing is the "sky notch" in the flag drapery on the first type, making a notched swallowtail in the sky between the horse's rump and bottom of the flag. 1940 left 1945 right:

[attachmentid=17583]

Reverses and nuts:

[attachmentid=17584]

Igor now has the Battushig book listed again, if anyone is interested.

I am trying to establish contact with Dr. Battushig and will advise the forum of my success (or not). May try to visit him this summer.

Hello Ed - have you succeeded? I have... at least, that is my impression. I'd appreciate getting in touch with you to make sure I am dealing with the genuine Dr. B and am not being lead into a scam (since it involves a potential sale of orders / medals).

Email: bobinmunich@hotmail.com

Hello Ed - have you succeeded? I have... at least, that is my impression. I'd appreciate getting in touch with you to make sure I am dealing with the genuine Dr. B and am not being lead into a scam (since it involves a potential sale of orders / medals).

Email: bobinmunich@hotmail.com

I expect to be visiting him this summer.

Ladies & Gentleman, I was recently approached by a collector from Finland who is studying Mongolian Badges, Medals, Decorations, etc. I have invited them to join us! Keep your eyes peeled!!

Excellent!! Болтугай! We need to become the world centre for the study of Mongolian awards. I am TRYING to get Dr. B on our forum too.