News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gallipoli star with miniature and box

demir

• Replies 59
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Demir, nice set

Did you buy it on ebay germany? i remember a set sold there with a similar box. the seller described the box as collectors copy. was that the set you are showing us?

regards

haynau

Hello Haynau,

Yes that's it. You have some nice items yourself as far as I follow you in ebay.

Best wishes

demir :beer:

• 8 months later...

Hello Haynau,

I bougt a Turkish War Medal from you two days ago from ebay.

Eiserner Halbmond GODET Silber Orden T?rkei !!! (270285293863)

Lovely piece.

Thanks

Demir

Congratulations. it is a real nice one. I will send it the following days. sorry for the delay but i caught a cold.

PS: Did you buy something at Gorny&Mosch? unfortunately i misssed the real gold Imtiyaz with sabers

regards

josef

Edited by Josef Rietveld

Unfortunately maybe not Godet made. Attached is my Godet version unfortunately damaged, looks different.

Could you please tell me what does look any different from yours to Haynau's/Demir's? That was a text book Godet made Ottoman war medal, wasn't it? I cannot see anything wrong with it.

Could you please tell me what does look any different from yours to Haynau's/Demir's? That was a text book Godet made Ottoman war medal, wasn't it? I cannot see anything wrong with it.

Hello,

I think he was mentioning the previous one I had. This is the new one I bought from Haynau.

Best wishes

demir :rolleyes:

Congratulations. it is a real nice one. I will send it the following days. sorry for the delay but i caught a cold.

PS: Did you buy something at Gorny&Mosch? unfortunately i misssed the real gold Imtiyaz with sabers

regards

josef

Unfortunately no, :unsure: I also missed it.

Best wishes

demir

Demir Bey Merhaba ,

Josef den aldiginiz degilde , yukarida o ilk post ettiginiz yildizin arkasindaki ignesinin uzerinde

yildiz seklinde bir damga varmi acaba ?

Cok saygilar ve selamlar ,

Avsar Ibar

In English ; Hello Mr.Demir

Is there a star mark on the first Star which you posted the pictures on the up ?

I do not mean the Godet one which you get from Josef.

Regards,

Avsar Ibar

Demir Bey Merhaba ,

Is there a star mark on the first Star which you posted the pictures on the up ?

Regards,

Avsar Ibar

That's correct I was reffering to the first one posted, the second is a Godet.

regards

Alex

Demir Bey Merhaba ,

Josef den aldiginiz degilde , yukarida o ilk post ettiginiz yildizin arkasindaki ignesinin uzerinde

yildiz seklinde bir damga varmi acaba ?

Cok saygilar ve selamlar ,

Avsar Ibar

Regards,

Avsar Ibar

Dear Avsar,

Yes there is a star and here is the picture, it must be Austrian made. The box is made by a jeweller recently. It is always nice to get your opinion. :rolleyes: Best wishes. Demir ERMAN

Dear Avsar,

Yes there is a star and here is the picture, it must be Austrian made. The box is made by a jeweller recently. It is always nice to get your opinion. :rolleyes: Best wishes. Demir ERMAN

And here is the medal and the miniature

Demir ERMAN :cheers:

Great to see two Turkish collectors on here....

Maybe they could clear up....

1) Who was BBc and co?

2) What crosses did the Turkish soldiers get?

Thnaks

Chris

Hi Chris,

1. Everybody is wondering about BB&Co, including myself, but since there is a big amount of BB&Co TWM, I think it must be a local company in Istanbul. It must have been operating during the Gallipoli war and closed afterwards because of the economic difficulties of the Independence War.

2. For Gallipoli there is only one official medal; TWM (Gallipoli Star) and it is the painted one. I don't think as some of my colleques are claiming that these painted ones have been given to the enlisted men and the emaille ones to the officers. No, everybody received the saame aand only official issue. The medal is shown below.

Best wishes

Demir ERMAN

Hi Chris,

1. Everybody is wondering about BB&Co, including myself, but since there is a big amount of BB&Co TWM, I think it must be a local company in Istanbul. It must have been operating during the Gallipoli war and closed afterwards because of the economic difficulties of the Independence War.

2. For Gallipoli there is only one official medal; TWM (Gallipoli Star) and it is the painted one. I don't think as some of my colleques are claiming that these painted ones have been given to the enlisted men and the emaille ones to the officers. No, everybody received the saame aand only official issue. The medal is shown below.

Best wishes

Demir ERMAN

And reverse: