News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Yukon Field Force

After collecting material and information on the Yukon Field Force for the past 35 odd years I have decided to put this into a book form. I have been working on this project for sometime and hope to have it completed before the end of the year. ]

This virtually unknown Canadian unit was formed in 1898 to help the North West Mounted Police deal with the Klondike Gold Rush in the Yukon Territory. Comprised of men and officers from the Royal Canadian Artillery, Royal Canadian Dragoons and the Royal Canadian Regiment, this two hundred man force trekked north through some of the worst bush and swamp of northern B.C. It then navigated the inland waters of the Yukon Territory to reach their final destiny of Fort Selkirk and Dawson City. The unit remained in the Yukon for the better part of two years, at which time it was decided they were no longer required and there was need for troops in the South African Boer War.

The proposed book will have names of all the men and officers that served in this unit and will be cross referenced with the Canadian National Archives lists of those members who served in the Boer War and 1st World War. I will try to include as many photographs or prints as possible of badges, medals and the troops from sources as well as from my own collection.

This book will be a reference for anyone interested in military and genealogical research or general interest about the Yukon Territory. If anyone has any information on this subject and wishes to share it with me, please contact me as soon as possible.