News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Орден "ПОБЕДА"

Hello,

since my pocket money wouldn't allow me to buy an awarded piece, here's a (wear? museum?) copy, purchased in 1988 in Warsaw: white gold, gold, sapphires and synthetic rubies. The stones are most accurately set and the overall appearance is impressive. The enamel on the "ПОБЕДА" scroll and the "CCCP" have been (quite badly) restored from me.

The piece measures 70 x 72 mm.

Best wishes,

Enzo

Hello,

since my pocket money wouldn't allow me to buy an awarded piece, here's a (wear? museum?) copy, purchased in 1988 in Warsaw: white gold, gold, sapphires and synthetic rubies. The stones are most accurately set and the overall appearance is impressive. The enamel on the "ПОБЕДА" scroll and the "CCCP" have been (quite badly) restored from me.

Best wishes,

Enzo

Enzo,

Where are the sapphires on the Order of Victory???

Marc

Hello,

Best wishes,

Enzo

Enzo,

I hope that this "copy" didn't cost you too much. The quality of this piece isn't very good. I guess if you are happy with it, that's all that matters. I, personally, wouldn't have bought this fake.

:beer: Doc

Enzo,

I hope that this "copy" didn't cost you too much. The quality of this piece isn't very good. I guess if you are happy with it, that's all that matters. I, personally, wouldn't have bought this fake.

:beer: Doc

I would not have a problem seeing a filler piece like this in a collection. After all, the odds are 0.00% of getting a true issue piece into private hands.

Hello,

yes, of course, a copy is a copy, and a serious collector shouldn't have any, if possible.

The good thing with the Victory Order is that any collector knows that if he would find one, it's a copy.

Yes, I'm happy with this piece, bought for a rather ridiculous price, also compared to the prices of Soviet pieces, back in the '80s-'90s (the Viruti Militari bought on that same occasion was much, much more expensive...).

To Marc: on an original piece, the white stones should be brilliants, on this copies there are white sapphires.

At least, in my little collection, I have a copy made when the Soviet R?gime was still existing.

Regarding the "genuine" one, does anyone know if King Michael's piece is still in private hands outside Russia o is it back to Moscow?

Best wishes,

Enzo

Edited by Elmar Lang

(...)

At least, in my little collection, I have a copy made when the Soviet R?gime was still existing.

(...)

Enzo

Hi Enzo,

Interesting point. It would be interesting to know who did it...

I don't find your copy so bad, even if is still far from the quality of the one for sale by Igor, and already mentioned above.

Cheers.

Ch.

Regarding the "genuine" one, does anyone know if King Michael's piece is still in private hands outside Russia o is it back to Moscow?

Dear Enzo,

that's a very good question :cheers: .

The same is true for Marshal Tito's item ... :rolleyes:

The question is, are both Орден "ПОБЕДА" still in Switzerland & Serbia or are both of them in Moscow & Moscow :unsure: ?

I guess, that both items are for some years in a bank vault in Moscow :D .

Just my 2 cents to the discussion ....

Best regards :beer:

Christian

I would not be surprised if some rich Russian already bought one or both Victory orders.

Compared to the recent sale prices of Faberge eggs Victory orders could be bargains.

About the location of the vault where the awards are kept - it's very possible that the buyer keeps his prized possessions in some Swiss bank.

William

• 3 months later...