News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

EK2 Award Doc

No, often there are two dates, one when the award was made, and the other when the certificate was signed. occasionally there is no date, I guess an oversight. I have the same doc to the 183 I.R., it is dated 1916 and was the sister regt of this one in the 183 I.D. so I think at a rough guess this doc was distributed within the 183 I.D. (maybe one will turn up to another unit to proove that theory wrong)

Gordon,

nice to have a document signed by a PLM winner!

Major Julius von Langsdorff (23 Oct 1866-25 Jul 1945) was the commander of Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 184 from 6 Oct 1916 until assuming command of Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 43 on 23 Sep 1918. He retired on the 23rd of May 1919 and received a charakterisierter promotion to Oberstleutnant on 27 Oct 1919 with a further bump-up on 27 Aug 1939 to Oberst (Tannenberg promotion for PLM winners)

PLM on 22 Apr 1918 as commander of Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 184.

Regards

Glenn

Edited by Glenn J