News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

2 new ID's, KM Wehrpas & Soldbuch

Hi gents , An older collection was being broken up locally and I was invited to rummage through some of the boxes. Towards the end of his collecting Career ,the Collector had started focusing on KM items. Most of the Collection had been sold off but, I found both of these ID?s mixed in with a pile of magazines and Nauticus books.

Unfortunately ?he apparently liked to play with his things and at some point got his hands on some of those fantasy rubber stamps . For some reason ..he stamped almost everything . KM Charts had fake SS TK stamps added ..one Nauticus even had an SS Sleeve Eagle stamp . I have no clue why someone would do this , maybe he thought he was increasing the value ?

What?s strange is , he was an older Collector and you?d think he would have known better.

I passed on the other paperwork but jumped on these ID?s ?lucky I did because the people selling everything didn?t know what they were.

Hope you enjoy them.

--Mike

Very nice Mike !

The guy in the Soldbuch served on a Sperrbrecher going by his Feldpost number, part of 2. Sperrbrecherflotille. The entry on the awards page is for Minensuch Abzeichen as these guys qualified for the Minewsweeper War Badge.

Your U-Boat guy was killed when his boat was depth charged by a Lockheed Hudson of the RAF, in the Mediterranean just north of Algiers. The exploding depth charges threw up so much debris that it hit the iarcraft and it too was destroyed but the crew , unlike the U-Boat crew, survived.