News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Legion Condor Panzer badge

Jacques

• 4 months later...
    • Replies 122
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Roman

Hello,

If I have correctly understood, to a common opinion to come it was not possible?

Probably given images will help...

KR,

Roman

IPB Image

• 5 months later...

I bought my Condor Legion Tank Badge from Adrian Forman in 1992. He describes it as a Portugese manufacture 1st Form. Here are the photos. Note the replacement pin/hinge. The catch is original to badge but has be re-soldered.

Stan

I think the first type of badges never had catch, badges have been sewn to a uniform.

P.S. Gentleman's, excuse me for my English

Jacque's photos:

No I don't think so. the badges had a pin, but in case of break they used to sewn it.

Stan, could you make a close up of the top part ?

jacques

Jacques,

I'll do that in the morning when there is more light.

In my opinion, the pins were so poorly affixed on these Portugese made badges that the recipients had them removed and better hardware put on. Forman shows a similar badge in his Vol 3. book that has the pin and catch removed and holes drilled into the top and bottom for sewing the badge onto the uniform for security.

I think that my badge originally had a hinge at the top but it was soldered on and therefore easy to remove without trace.

You cannot see the catch on my badge too well but it is identical to the one shown earlier and attributed to Lechner.

Regards,

Stan

Here is another shot of the catch which is identical to the catch on Lechner's badge shown in post#65 and Che's post # 91. A pity that it is covered in solder-I will probably get it fixed properly.

Stan