News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Legion Condor Panzer badge

Jacques

Here is another shot of the catch which is identical to the catch on Lechner's badge shown in post#65 and Che's post # 91. A pity that it is covered in solder-I will probably get it fixed properly.

Stan

Here's the missing photo!

• Replies 122
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for photos, Stan.

The first type of Condor Legion Tank Badges never had catch, Stans photos confirm my assumption.

Che,

You could well be correct. Perhaps that is the reason we see them sewn onto the uniforms.

Stan

• 2 months later...
    Guest Brian von Etzel

Jacques,

Herewith a photo of the top part of the badge where the pin might originally have been located.

Stan

It seems convincing there was a hinge there once! Also the spots are so small for attachment it looks like this is why they fell off so easily.

• 3 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Che, it seems to me that you can see where a hinge was. Why do you think these were made without pins? I don't see good evidence for that theory.

Best, Sal

Hello Sal

Excuse me for silence.

My evidences again:

1. They all have a repaired attach system.

There are no identical hooks, there are no identical pins. All different. (look post #91)

You observed a sign with original attach system (not repaired) ?

2. The Stans sign never had a pin in the top part, the best evidence for that theory.

Without a trace it is impossible to remove a pin of SILVER sign, silver enters reaction with solder. (look post #103)

You could clean solder of silver sign without traces ? It is impossible, even in a small part.

3. The badges have been sewn to a uniform in early photos. (look post #88,89)

regards

CHE

Hi,

On my badge, the Hinge ist not re-soldered and looks untouched, thus the hook. Indeed, these constructions look very fragile. It could be possible, as these badges were worn permanently, the attach system broken off, and thus the badge was sewn to the uniform by the owner. It could explain that pictures shown it sewn onto the uniform, and also that variation/repairs exist.

Here are pictures of my badge. the pin could be not original but the hinge and hook are originally soldered.

And I observed the portuguese sign with interesting not repaired attach system ... but attach system of german jewellers.

One portuguese sign and set of attach systems.

Hi,

On my badge, the Hinge ist not re-soldered and looks untouched, thus the hook. Indeed, these constructions look very fragile. It could be possible, as these badges were worn permanently, the attach system broken off, and thus the badge was sewn to the uniform by the owner. It could explain that pictures shown it sewn onto the uniform, and also that variation/repairs exist.

Here are pictures of my badge. the pin could be not original but the hinge and hook are originally soldered.

Jacques, on your sign very interesting attach system.

Please make photos without an inclination.

My theory will be not true, if will be found one more sign with attach system "Jacques".

And I observed the portuguese sign with interesting not repaired attach system ... but attach system of german jewellers.

One portuguese sign and set of attach systems.

Jacques, on your sign very interesting attach system.

Please make photos without an inclination.

My theory will be not true, if will be found one more sign with attach system "Jacques".

Close up from above

• 7 months later...
    • 13 years later...
    On 26/09/2005 at 16:48, Peter J said:

II'd like to revive this old thread with a question: is this the piece illustrated in the old Klietmann's "Deutsche Auszeichnungen" plates' volume?

It looks like a very well finished piece of the so-called "Meybauer" type.

Any opinion?

All the best,

Enzo (E.L.)

On 26/09/2005 at 16:48, Peter J said:

Anyone care to comment on these images?

KR

Peter

post-200-1127746073.jpg

post-200-1127746073.jpg