News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello !

I have a new question :

The Nimmergut OEK is talking about :

2765 Goldene Verdienstmedaille mit Spange 1917

2766 Silberne Verdienstmedaille mit Spange 1917

2767 Silberne Annerkenungsmedaille mit Spange 1917

2768 Bronzene Annerkennungsmedaille mit Spange 1917

I have never seen these orders ! I have search them on the net, but never found an illustration !

Can someone post a photo of these medals ???

Thank you !

Hello !

I have a new question :

I have never seen these orders ! I have search them on the net, but never found an illustration !

Thank you !

I don?t understand Annerkennung...?, can you lecture me on this matter

Thanks

Miguel

The Verdienst- and Anerkennungsmedaillen were civil decorations. I have never seen one with a "1917" clasp and I don't remember seeing a file on such awards in the Rudolstadt archives, but I might have missed it. The Sondershausen archives refer to awards of the Verdienst- and Anerkennungsmedaillen between 1912 and 1918, but don't refer to any clasp.

Guest Rick Research

According to K-G Klietmann's 1964 "Pour le Merite und Tapferkeitsmedaille," in the Sondershausen half of Schwarzburg,

35 silver medals, and 58 bronze medals were awarded in total with the "1917" Spange in 1917 and 1918. Assuming roughly the same number handed out by the Rudolstadt half of Schwarzburg...

THAT is why we never see these! :speechless1:

I would venture that IF anybody had one of these medals, it would have been George Seymour or Eric Ludvigsen, so if somebody with the Thies auction catalogs of their collections could check, there may be one pictured there.

Klietmann unexpectedly gave exact figures for the Recognition Medals for Sondershausen as--

1914: 3 silver, 1 bronze

1915: 4 silver, 5 bronze

1916: 4 silver, 6 bronze

1917 (includes BOTH "normal" awards and "mit Spangen," undifferentiated): 17 silver, 18 bronze

1918 (includes BOTH "normal" awards and "mit Spangen," undifferentiated): 23 silver, 42 bronze

So, in 1917 and 1918 COMBINED: 40 silver--of which 35 had Spangen and 5 must not have, and 60 bronze--of which 58 had Spangen and a mere 2 did not.

I sure would like to see an award Urkunde for ONE of those TWO bronze "normal" medals from 1917/1918! :speechless1:

That is one reason why collecting Imperial Germaan awards can be so incredibly satisfying. Sometimes the most ordinary looking things are so insanely rare, I have to laugh over the frenzied competition for mass-produced Third Reich stuff. :catjava:

:cheers:

Yes, I have found the same numbers...

But, I have looked all Thies auction catalogs I've found on the web (15 or 20 catalogs), all websites speaking about orders and decorations, but I have never seen these medals...

It is very frustrating !!! :angry:

Edited by pinpon590

Nimmergut's OEK is meant to be used with

his massive 4 volume work

and in vol 3 you will find black & white photos

of the medals in question

because the book is in print

I am reluctant to make or post scans of them

and for anyone who is interested in imperial german medals

it is a set of books very much worth having.

Thank you for informations !

I'll try to found these books.

I have a new question and challenge about Schwarzburg :

the "Anna-Luise Verdienstzeichen" (OEK 2834) : created on 1918, february 19th. Only 215 medals awarded (!)...

I've seen a (bad) photo on thies catalog, but I can't read the exergue's text on obverse... (VERDIENST ... .......... ?) Can someone tell me ?

And I have never seen the backside of this medal. Does someone possess this rare medal ?? Can you post a photo of the backside ? or describe it ?

Thank you !

Jean-Baptiste

Thank you for informations !

I'll try to found these books.

I have a new question and challenge about Schwarzburg :

the "Anna-Luise Verdienstzeichen" (OEK 2834) : created on 1918, february 19th. Only 215 medals awarded (!)...

I've seen a (bad) photo on thies catalog, but I can't read the exergue's text on obverse... (VERDIENST ... .......... ?) Can someone tell me ?

And I have never seen the backside of this medal. Does someone possess this rare medal ?? Can you post a photo of the backside ? or describe it ?

Thank you !

Jean-Baptiste

The backside of this medal is blank. I have never seen an original piece, have only a fake in my collection. If you are interested, I can add a photo of this fake of course.

Regards Kapitular

Hello !

I have a new question :

Thank you !

In my former collection of Imperial awards, I had only one silver and one bronce "Anerkennungsmedaille", both without the "Spange 1917". If you are interested, I can send a photo of these decorations.

Regards

Kapitular

Thank you Kapitular !

I'm very interrested by photo's of the "Anna-Luise Ehrenzeichen" and of "Anerkennungsmedaille" (the silver and the bronze !).

Because nobody seems have theses items, I think it will interrest a lot of persons here !

Greetings !

Jean-Baptiste

(PS : Can you scan the two sides of each medals ? Thank you again !)

Thank you Kapitular !

I'm very interrested by photo's of the "Anna-Luise Ehrenzeichen" and of "Anerkennungsmedaille" (the silver and the bronze !).

Because nobody seems have theses items, I think it will interrest a lot of persons here !

Greetings !

Jean-Baptiste

(PS : Can you scan the two sides of each medals ? Thank you again !)

OK, here are The photos. At first the "Anna-Luise-Verdienstzeichen". Please remember, it`s a modern fake!!

Hello Everyone:

I remembered that I had this document in my collection and thought that it might be of relative interest due to the topic at hand. All comments would be welcome.

Best regards,

"SPM"

I know that Rick is cursing me! I am "scanner challenged" and am having trouble posting a readable image with the 110k limit, and yes, I know, I should have purchased an Epson! Sorry folks. :(

Edited by Schie?platzmeister

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch:1 of 6 :jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping: Well, I can tell enough to see it was a 1916 bronze for a Landsturm stay-at-home and remarkably, mind bogglingly RARE. :cheers:

Hello Everyone:

Rick, thank you for the comments regarding this document. It belonged to v. Braun in Alabama and I obtained it from the estate collection. I had NO idea how rare it is. What puzzles me is that it looks as though is says "unsere" Anerkennungs=Medaille, instead of stating the class of the medal. Which medal does this document correspond to exactly?

Hopefully, this scan will be easier to see.

Best regards,

"SPM"

Guest Rick Research

It does indeed say "unsere." Apparently only the recipient's rank would give a clue as to which one somebody got. I can't imagine a Landsturmmann got the higher class--award rolls would confirm that.

Rejoice in your incomparable goodie! A lifetime could be spent seeking one and never finding it-- how many documents may actually still even EXIST.

You may have

The One.

:ninja:

• 2 weeks later...
    • 8 months later...

Just last week a small treasure from Schwarzburg appeared on Ebay. I was not fortunate enough to win it. This is a medal bar with a Schwarzburg Silver Merit Medal with the elusive 1917 bar. This was the best the picture would come out.