News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I've had this one for a little while now, but I've never posted it on this forum. The backing is Navy blue, but there isn't any obvious hint as to what the missing long service devices might have been. Most likely this is someone who earned the White Falcon late in 1918, given the research that's already been undertaken.

Given the mere handful of White Falcon Knight 1st Class out there, I thought I'd float this past the group in the even that perhaps someone had seen a related ribbon or medal bar.

Sorry abut asking this,

What is a White falcon?

Hi.

The Order of the White Falcon was an order from the Grand Dukedom of Saxe-Weimar; and as such, it was founded in 1732. Personally, I think that it is one of the most complex Imperial German orders because its? insignia over the span of its? existence underwent many subtle changes and nuances.

The knight?s cross, first class, was founded in 1815 and was awarded through 1918. As with some other Imperial German orders, the awarding of swords for miliitary merit was instituted with the occasion of the war of 1870. The knight 2nd class in it?s final form was introduced in 1902 and was awarded with swords from that time until 1918.

I hope that this information is helpful.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Beautiful medal bars Bob. :love:

Chris, your ribbon bar is so nice. Have you got the name of the officer who received this beauty ?

Regards

Christophe

Nope. That's part of the reason that I'm floating it past the collective wisdom of the group. Rick Research took a look at it in the past, and was unable to find anyone that had the Knight 1st Class and only the Hamburg Hanseatenkreuz. Probably a very late war recipient that missed the 1918 Rank List.