News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1813 EK2 with a stamp in the ring

Hello!

This is unfortunately not mine EK, but I know the owner and I was allowed to show some pictures of it.

The owner got this from the family and I believe it is ok. Anyone got a list regarding the 1813 EK recipients?

The most interesting part of this EK is the stamp in the small eylet. I believe it could be "EB" and might stand for ?Kgl. Preuss. Eisengiesserei Berlin??

Regards,

Stefan

Hello Stefan:

This is a very nice ORIGINAL ~1830's? EKII. I have never personally seen one of these with a marked eyelet. This is a very interesting feature. I am at a loss to read the markings however. That the letters present are "EB" is not clear to me from the photo.

Best regards,

"SPM"

Edited by Schie?platzmeister

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks shooting range officer :)

The "EB" is just a guess from my side...that would fit the "Eisengiesserei Berlin". They can also be parts of full stamps, since it's hard to get good stamps on a bend surface.

Now to the story behind it:

A woman sold the EK to my friend. It had been in the family and she got it from her uncle that also served in WW1 and WW2.

The name of the uncle was Friedrich Vilk Lieder and from Witomisch, Posen (according to the WW2 Soldbuch). He was born april 29th 1884. His father's name was Dienegott Landwirt and the mother's Mathilde Weber.

It feels like it was Dienegott's grandfather that received the EK...or grand grandfather.

Would it be possible to back track to the EK owner? Probably not. But perhaps there is a tiny chance if it was a family with officers in it.

Anyone got the books for this research?

Regards,

Stefan

Hi Stefan;

That is a very nice EK!

Dienegott's last name should be the same as Friedrich's. Landwirt must be his occupation (farmer).

If he was a Landwirt (farmer) it is unlikely that his Father or Grandfather was a commissioned officer

Regards, Hardy

Edited by Naxos

Hi Stefan;

That is a very nice EK!

Dienegott's last name should be the same as Friedrich's. Landwirt must be his occupation (farmer)

Regards, Hardy

Thanks Hardy, that must be the correct way to see it.

And yes, the EK is very nice. I must try to trade it for something :)

Regards,

Stefan

Hello Stefan:

I only have a listing of 1813-1815 EKI recipients and not EKII recipients. There are early Prussian Ranklists which exist, but unfortunately, I do not have any of them. If he was an Officer though, this would be the proper method of finding out about his service. Unfortunately, if he was an enlisted soldier, without other documentation from the family, there is almost no easy way to find out more about him.

Please forward my congratulations to your friend for owning (an preserving) such a fine piece of history.

Best regards,

"SPM"