News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of National Liberation

No, Waldemar, you have described variations pretty good.

But, I was reading a text in your book and I have found that it is pretty much translated text of the book of mr. Stojan Rudez issued in Yugoslavia.

Beware of copyright !

• Replies 57
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear SaSaYU,

Thank you for your contribution to this book, sometimes I had difficulties to understand something, since I don?t speak Serbo-Croatian, and you helped me.

As you know, we have a separate thread ?Book?. There was a discussion what books do we use. If you look at that discussion you will find out that two books were mentioned:

• Known book ?Yugoslavia Army Insignia & Decorations 1918 ? 1990? Furlan/Bjelos in English.
    • orden_master has mentioned that there is a 3. book from Molinar Exhibiton in Serbo-Croatian.
    • New book of Mr. Velitschko in Russian.
    • The existence of no other book was mentioned
    If you look at this discussion you will get impression that there are no other books which covers this area.

I was happy and astonished to discover that of course there are other books which are dealing with Ex-YU OMD. I could even buy an excellent book ?Odlikovanja Socijalisticke Federativne Republike Jugoslavije? author - Stojan Rudez.

Even Sojan Rudez who was once chief of order office describes in his book only official OMDs with exception of ?Spomenica 1941?. All commemorative medals were not described, even not mentioned. He describes many types but still there are known types of OMD which were not mentioned in his book. And of course there is no typology, with all types and variants. Substantial extension and update of knowledge is necessary.

I?m happy that you too have this book which was released (2.000 books) in 1987 in Belgrade in Serbo-Croatian Language. It was hard work to translate this description for somebody who doesn?t speak Serbo-Croatian. Hopefully is this translation correct.

Of course I would like to refer to official documents as Sluzebni List but unfortunately I have no access to all of them.

It would be great help for all of us to have such book in English, since not of us could have access to such limited resources and not all of us can read Serbo-Croatian.

There is a need for reference book which covers systematic whole spectrum, it means all orders, medals and in volume 3 all badges.

To leave the status quo unchanged is not the alternative.

Thank you for your comment, of course I try to get in touch with Mr. Rudez and to invite him to work on this book. My request to related government agency is still open. I hope that all legal restriction will be clarified soon. And if Mr. Rudez is still alive maybe he can contribute new ideas.

Copyrights:

Article 43 of CRRL from 2005:

Short excerpts from the disclosed works may be reproduced without the author?s permission and without paying remuneration if used for non commercial purposes in the field of education, examination or scientific research.

waldemar

Dear SaSaYU,

Thank you for your contribution to this book, sometimes I had difficulties to understand something, since I don?t speak Serbo-Croatian, and you helped me.

As you know, we have a separate thread ?Book?. There was a discussion what books do we use. If you look at that discussion you will find out that two books were mentioned:

• Known book ?Yugoslavia Army Insignia & Decorations 1918 ? 1990? Furlan/Bjelos in English.
    • orden_master has mentioned that there is a 3. book from Molinar Exhibiton in Serbo-Croatian.
    • New book of Mr. Velitschko in Russian.
    • The existence of no other book was mentioned
    If you look at this discussion you will get impression that there are no other books which covers this area.

I was happy and astonished to discover that of course there are other books which are dealing with Ex-YU OMD. I could even buy an excellent book ?Odlikovanja Socijalisticke Federativne Republike Jugoslavije? author - Stojan Rudez.

Even Sojan Rudez who was once chief of order office describes in his book only official OMDs with exception of ?Spomenica 1941?. All commemorative medals were not described, even not mentioned. He describes many types but still there are known types of OMD which were not mentioned in his book. And of course there is no typology, with all types and variants. Substantial extension and update of knowledge is necessary.

I?m happy that you too have this book which was released (2.000 books) in 1987 in Belgrade in Serbo-Croatian Language. It was hard work to translate this description for somebody who doesn?t speak Serbo-Croatian. Hopefully is this translation correct.

Of course I would like to refer to official documents as Sluzebni List but unfortunately I have no access to all of them.

It would be great help for all of us to have such book in English, since not of us could have access to such limited resources and not all of us can read Serbo-Croatian.

There is a need for reference book which covers systematic whole spectrum, it means all orders, medals and in volume 3 all badges.

To leave the status quo unchanged is not the alternative.

Thank you for your comment, of course I try to get in touch with Mr. Rudez and to invite him to work on this book. My request to related government agency is still open. I hope that all legal restriction will be clarified soon. And if Mr. Rudez is still alive maybe he can contribute new ideas.

Copyrights:

Article 43 of CRRL from 2005:

Short excerpts from the disclosed works may be reproduced without the author?s permission and without paying remuneration if used for non commercial purposes in the field of education, examination or scientific research.

waldemar

Gentlemen,

Mr Stojan Rudez passed away some ten years ago.

Dragomir

Dear Waldemar,

I fully encourage you to proceed with your work. I think that you have done a great job untill now.

If I can be of any help, just write.

The only thing I have noticed is that some parts of your text are exact translations of Mr. Stojan Rudez's book.

But I can see that you are familiar with the copyright and I am shure that you will be carefull not to violate Mr. Rudez's copyright.

@ Dragomir

Dear Dragomir,

I am sorry that Mr. Rudez passed away. His book "Odlikovanja Socijalisticke Federativne Republike Jugoslavije" is one of few of my first books and one of my favorites. I have learned so much from him.

Neka mu je vecna slava i hvala.

• 1 month later...

There is statement in Mr. Rudaz book about Order of National Liberation which were converted by ZIN/ZNB. A relief on top with persons who are greeting liberation is made from patinated silver and rest of order must be made from tombac (first orders).

The whole order has two rivet construction as all other types.

There is no evidence that this order was once screw back type. Usually you will see remaining parts or signs.

Why there are no signs of conversion is hard to explain.

From overall appearance I would say that this is this type of order which was mentioned in the literature.

Nice and rare order Anatoly, thank you for sharing. :cheers:

waldem@r

• 3 weeks later...

Anatoly,

I'm convinced that your order 'coverted by ZIN Kovnica' is genuine one. I saw today almost identical order with low number 1xx at serious Dealer in Vienna, he guaranteed that this is genuine order.

Congratulation Anatoly :cheers:

best regards

waldemar

• 3 weeks later...

I got some interesting images of this order with case.

Genuine Order of National Liberation converted from screw back to pin back. There is a name of maker on the needle, interesting is that this text is "ZNB KOVNICA". In the middle of reverse you can small round place, I think that it is the place foressen for the screw. This place was filled up with a metal but still there is a small sign.

@Anatoly

What is the text on your order "ZIN KOVNICA" or "ZNB KOVNICA"?

• 6 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 4 months later...

For those who does not know yet:

This order is made after disintegration of Yugoslavia with use of original details in commercial objectives.

We in Russia name same items - новодел (new affairs :speechless: ).

But it is possible to name it just fake. :violent: