News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

It's soon the International Women's Day !

;)

For this occasion, I want to open a new file, showing imperial's women's awards.

I begin with a Saxony bronze Carolina medal (1915-1918 model), on bow ribbon :

zallfemmescarolinamedaiou6.jpg

Edited by pinpon590

• Replies 102
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A better view of the Cross.

Pinpon, very nice thread.

All who have contributed - you guys have some wonderful and rare medals.

I do not have anything to add to this thread, and if the photo posted is only an EK then I ask one of the administrators to remove this post please. Tom, seeing your magnificent Prussian Verdienstkreuz fur Frauen reminded me of this photo of my Grandmother (Dad's side) Her name was Joanna Hassdenteufel(!) It is widely accepted in the family that this picture was taken in early WW1. At her neck she wears what appears to be an EK or something like it. The centre of which looks to have something in it as well. No bow mount, no neck ribbon...any thoughts?

pinpon590,

Thank you for starting this thread. In view of a discussion on another thread, I was thinking along this line -

Great minds think alike. :beer:

My wife has a little collection of ladies awards of which she has graciously agreed to share a couple of pieces which are available for photos.

From Saxe-Weimar, a very unusual looking decoration. Ehrenzeichen f?r r?hmliche Tatigkeit, 1870-71.

I?d like to join this wonderful thread with:

PRUSSIA

honour decoration for midwifes for 25 years of service (1886 - 1918)

number of decorations: about 100 to 400 per year (Orden und Militaria Magazin 88/1999, S.14ff)

Edited by Komtur

I accidentally stumbled across the on-line issue of a German medals magazine on Tuesday and stupidly did not earmark the site. however, on it was a complete roll (49 pages) for the Franco-Prussian wars' EK for Junngfrau etc.. from 2006.

Does anyone know where this is/was? Further google searches have resulted in nothing. :banger:

I accidentally stumbled across the on-line issue of a German medals magazine on Tuesday and stupidly did not earmark the site. however, on it was a complete roll (49 pages) for the Franco-Prussian wars' EK for Junngfrau etc.. from 2006.

Does anyone know where this is/was? Further google searches have resulted in nothing. :banger:

I think you are referring to http://www.ordensjournal.ordensmuseum.de/, which I believe is a site belonging to a German member of GMIC.

I am! Many thanks. I owe you a beer or two.

Now to subscribe. Back issues available? :cheers:

My paltry contribution. Note the good sister pinned one of her collar badges on the medal:

Edited by Ulsterman

Guest Darrell

Great stuff guys :cheers: I don't collect these or much imperial, but these are some nice looking pieces.