News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Friendship of Peoples

Oh dream of dreams! This is the one that has continued to elude me over the years. I've come close but then the $$'s always had to go elsewhere at the last moment. I'm nearly at the point of giving up hope of ever owning one which really hurts. I feel this is by bar the most beautiful of the Soviet Orders.

You are indeed a very lucky man! :beer:

And to show how much I love this particular Order... I made this my 3,000th post! :D

Thanks so much for sharing this one. :jumping:

Dan :cheers:

Oh dream of dreams! This is the one that has continued to elude me over the years. I've come close but then the $$'s always had to go elsewhere at the last moment. I'm nearly at the point of giving up hope of ever owning one which really hurts. I feel this is by bar the most beautiful of the Soviet Orders.

You are indeed a very lucky man! :beer:

And to show how much I love this particular Order... I made this my 3,000th post! :D

Thanks so much for sharing this one. :jumping:

Congrats Dan on passing your 3,000 mark :jumping:

Order of Victory

Congrats Dan on passing your 3,000 mark :jumping:

Order of Victory

Hi Vic,

Thank you my friend! :beer: It's been a long time coming. Now on to the 4,000th mark! :jumping::jumping:

Oh, I sent you an E... hoping you got it. :unsure:

Dear Dan,

congratulations to your jump over the 3000-benchmark :jumping::cheers: .

I still have to work on it ... :rolleyes:

You are right, the FoN is a real sparkling beauty :D .

The FoN is still rather moderate priced and has still a lot of "fantasy" for an increase in market value - also due to the fact, that the FoN was also a typical KGB-award.

A proposol for US-collectors: Why not buying Soviet awards via a loan from an US-bank? The interest rates are getting lower and lower and I guess, that for a US-bank a FoN, Glory 1cl, HSU etc. might be a better security, than a house, a flat or a car ... :rolleyes:

Buy a nice collection right now with the money from your bank, sell some items in one ore two years, balance with that income your loan at the bank completly and you have a nice collection for almost nothing - with an zero-investment. O.K., that's a speculation on raising prices, but the trend is unbroken and the national wealth of the Russians is increasing.

Just my thoughts as an economist ...

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Guest Darrell

I got this one off Alexei a year and a half back for about $330 US. Another case of Price Gouging and "Screw the Little Guy" mentality :angry:

Is it nice? Yes.

Is it rare? Not really.

Can it be researched? Unfortunately, no.

Is it faked? Yes, even this.

Are today's prices out of any range of sanity? Don't ask stupid questions!

And congratulations, Dan! :beer:

Hello Everyone,

Just been looking at the pics of the FON 61458, reverse, post 5 listed above alongside the one listed on collect russia and thought there seemed too be a few discrepancies.

1. The neck.

2. The square tips of the rays at eleven and one o' clock.

3. The center two rivets are below the mint mark.

4. The serial number seems very close to the one on collect russia. yet the six is straight,the one is smaller and although the number has patina the underline does not.

5 The fake patina.

No offence meant to anyone just my humble opinion.

Nick.

Mine came way sooner way cheaper. :) It is one of my favourites and indeed, one of the more complex orders - although it also has a flatnes about it that I do not like. More could have been done to give it a better third dimension. Lok at the order of honour or the red banner of labour.

To the question and answer of is it rare...... No! But its not the most common order either!!

I think rare is a term that has to be used very selectively. Look at auction sites and any anniversary medal is described as rare........... Is an order of the red star rare? Depends on the variation..... Goznak? Mondvor? Monetneny Dvor #3,XXX,XXX!! Is a lenin rare? Again depends! Is a Motherland 3 rare? Is a Glory 1 rare? - Lets always watch what we term as rare.

Jim :cheers:

Dear "usairforce",

Paul R and Ed Haynes brought the issue to the point :D .

Christian

USAirForce,

I'm sorry to have to be the disagreeing one here. I have doubts that you did get the real thing, but one of the Baltic fakes instead.

Nick has already outlined some of the main problems: handwriting not what it should be, shape of details, fake patina...

Marc

To clarify: I was never suggesting that THIS particular order was good or bad; the scan was so bad I couldn't say with certainty one way or another (though I had some doubts). I was sinmply saying that the order, in general, is nice, but not rare (a term that is, as others have suggested, sloppily misused, mainly by denizens of e$cam).

To clarify: I was never suggesting that THIS particular order was good or bad; the scan was so bad I couldn't say with certainty one way or another (though I had some doubts). I was sinmply saying that the order, in general, is nice, but not rare (a term that is, as others have suggested, sloppily misused, mainly by denizens of e$cam).

Dear Ed,

it was just about usairforce's question about rarity, as I pointed out at my post :D .

Christian

I know, Christian. I just wanted to remove any possible "confusion". And such "confusion" seems to be much more common with Soviet things than in any collecting area I have previously encountered.

:beer:

Edited by Ed_Haynes