News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What have you in the drawer that's rare?

Frohe Ostern

Hier noch einer meiner Lieblinge.

Hessen-Darmstadt

Ritterkreuz II Kl.des Ludwigs-Ordens

Regards

Rudi

Hi Rujab

:jumping::jumping: What a fantastic cased knight 2nd class. Any idea how you differentiate a knight 1st class from knight 2nd class since they were both awarded in gold. Know what year the knight 2nd class was established ? Only able to discover the knight 1st class was created in 1831. Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Yankee

Hi folks,

here is something, you won´t find twice :whistle:

Please regard the date of awarding and who this 1st class of the house-order Lippe-Detmold got.

This piece of paper belongs to a group of documents, I got a few years ago...

Best regards

Roman

An unusual Silver Wound Badge - Hollow construction with a rayed back. Marked "SILBER" on the pin.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_04_2010/post-6181-127041023512.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_04_2010/post-6181-127041025871.jpg

Fantastic document, was he a relation of Egmont Prinz zur Lippe? He was an old kumpel of my uncle in the Luftwaffe.

...only a distant relative.

By the way Ferdinand zur Lippe-Weissenfeld was killed in action near Lublin, Poland on 26 September 1939.

Last year I had the chance to buy some photos of him on ebay.

This one is showing is car, in which he was shot. The photos are showing him with some other soldiers, shortly before he died and his burial.

If you wish, I can show you the complete group in a extra thread.

Best regards

Roman

Edited by Solomon

Here is few my rarest items - ribbon bars devices in this case.wink.gif

Posted up as well on the GMIC "Devices Gallery" with the information added by RickResearch;

This device indicates a wartime bestowal of the Ottoman Red Crescent Medals. Despite being a regulation device on both the full sized medals' ribbons and for ribbon bars, it is virtually never seen in German groups.

Like Baden's Z?hringen Lion triple oakleaves devices, this was apparently just "too exotic" to be carried in normal retail inventory at most ribbon bar shops.

Next one from my small collection, what is up on the Gallery with Rick comment...

This quite unusually attached device was also worn bent around the full size ribbon of Saxe-Altenburg's Duke Ernst Medals to indicate war effort merit at home during the World War.

It was quite rare--with just over 700 awarded to men--and this is the ONLY example I have ever seen as a ribbon bar device in over 40 years of collecting.

Thanks bullmeister!cheers.gif

I do not remember at the moment how many of them were awarded with the oakleaves, can someone please confirm it.... some how I remember that this number is 3?2014.gif

Here is one Baden ribbon bar - Militär Karl Friedrich Verdienst Order were awarded 288 times. But this bar contains as well double BZs, what I think makes it pretty rare set.

Unfortunately this bar is not named.

Here are a few of the unusual ones in my collection.

The top 2 have the Turkish/Ottoman Red Crescent Medal ribbon.

The bottom bar must have belonged to a very "Civil/Political" guy!blush.gif

Pierce

More great devices on this 12-place!love.gif Belonging to Colonel Wolfgang von Zeschau. If anyone has any information on him i would greatly appreciate it.cheers.gif

Pierce

Edited by luftkreig

The Oldenburg Peter Friedrich Ludwig Knight, 2nd Class which is rare with only 309 awards, significantly fewer than either the 1st Class or the 2nd Class with Crown. This is due to it not being instituted until 1906. I bought ths piece from Eric Luvigsen the first time I met him at an OMSA convention in Houston.

Some great pieces on this thread chaps! :cheers:

Here are my 2 contributions from my Hansa Collection:

-Medal bar of General-Leutnant Kurt Dittmar (ID-ed coutesy of Mr. Rick Research)

-Ribbon bar group belonging to a 2-time awarded lifesaver! (Prussia & Hamburg)

Here is the link to the thread for those interested. http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=43233

Best wishes

Matt

The Oldenburg Peter Friedrich Ludwig Knight, 2nd Class which is rare with only 309 awards, significantly fewer than either the 1st Class or the 2nd Class with Crown. This is due to it not being instituted until 1906. I bought ths piece from Eric Luvigsen the first time I met him at an OMSA convention in Houston.

Hi Beau

Fascinating that a German State knight 2nd class with crown less scarce then without. Oldenburg must the only State that has that unique distinction. By chance do you know how

many were awarded with crown. Also any idea what the numbers were awarded between 1906-18 with crown. Thanks

Sincerely

Brian

Hi Beau

Fascinating that a German State knight 2nd class with crown less scarce then without. Oldenburg must the only State that has that unique distinction. By chance do you know how

many were awarded with crown. Also any idea what the numbers were awarded between 1906-18 with crown. Thanks

Sincerely

Brian

The Beyreiss book shows a total of 1,234 2nd Class w/Crown awarded, starting in 1860. It shows 163 examples purchased between 1906 and 1914 so, even with returns, the total awarded would likely have been less than 200.

Hi Beau

Sincerely

Brian

Really?! ...then this one must be a hell of a group! :whistle: ... and I have got also the document for the Oldenburg HO u. VO Herzog Peter Friedrich Ludwig, RK2...

Bezeichnung:

7er Ordensspange des Kapitäns zur See Gerhard Meyer

(*03.01.1889 - † 17.08.1980)

• Preußen, Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, 1914 (OEK 1909), E/S

• Oldenburg, Friedrich-August Kreuz 2. Kl. mit Spange „vor dem Feind“ (OEK 1563)

• Deutsches Reich 1933-45, Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer (OEK 3803/1),

Hersteller G & S, Godet & Sohn Berlin

• Oldenburg, Haus- und Verdienstorden von Herzog Peter Friedrich Ludwig, Ritterkreuz 2. Klasse (OEK 1523), S

• Deutsches Reich 1933-45, WH-Dienstauszeichnung f. 25 Jahre, Kreuz (OEK 3852)

• Deutsches Reich 1933-45, WH-Dienstauszeichnung f. 12 Jahre, Medaille (OEK 3854)

• Italien, Erinnerungsmedaille des Erdbebens in Messina 1908

Born on 03.01.1889, entered Navy on 01.04.1908. As Seekadett, he was onboard SMS Victoria Louise in the Messina relief campaign. Leutnant 27.09.1911 J5i, Oberleutnant 19.09.1914, Kapitän-Leutnant 18.8.1918 and was an officer on the SMS Pillau in WW1. He commanded the "Friedrich August Batterie" of XII. Matrosen-Artillerie Abteilung until November 1918 and then as a Watch and the Gunnery Officer on S.M.S. "Pillau" for the rest of the war.He advanced to Korvettenkapitän 01.04.1927 in the Reichsmarine, Fregattenkapitän 01.10.1932. His final grade was charakterisiert Kapitän zur See (E) 30.9.34, in which he was "active" in 1937 on the staff of the Reichs War Ministry, Naval High Command, Abteilung für Artillerieentwicklung und Konstruktion ("M Wa I") of the Marinewaffenamt. The pre-war 1939 M.O.V. Directory shows him as "zD" but still there, with his office phone number. He went z.D. in 1940. In 1960 he was living with his wife Marie Luise (born 8.6.1XXX) at Breitestrasse 13, Berlin-Steglitz, and was a sales representative of the "CDH" bedding company of Bochum, specializing in quilts, mattresses and so on. By 1963 he had re-retired from that job, and was living at 15 Hortenstrasse 20B, Berlin 15. Kapitän zur See außer Dienst Gerhard Meyer died 17 August 1980.

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

The Beyreiss book shows a total of 1,234 2nd Class w/Crown awarded, starting in 1860. It shows 163 examples purchased between 1906 and 1914 so, even with returns, the total awarded would likely have been less than 200.

' alt='' class='ipsImage' > Reason for being curious.

Now let us hope nobody starts removing

crowns for profit gains :(

Sincerely

Brian