News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What have you in the drawer that's rare?

Wooow what is that last skull-thing? Something russian? Does it have an obscour reverse as well?

regards

David

David here we are http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=26649&st=0&p=252176&hl=dante&fromsearch=1&#entry252176

:unsure: Rare?

I would bet that this bar is probably a one of a kind. ;)

Congratulations! :cheers:

Thank you Wild Card! :cheers: Would those medals be on the awards rolls? I am assuming they were awarded pre-1914.

Best wishes

Matt

This has been posted before but, the photos weren't very good. The Meck.-Strelitz Cross for Distinction in War, 1st Class. The # awarded up to 1923 was in the low 100's but this early type by Godet with the added hooks is rare.

Thank you Wild Card! :cheers: Would those medals be on the awards rolls? I am assuming they were awarded pre-1914.

Best wishes

Matt

Surely they would be on the rolls.

The question is whether those rolls are available. Perhaps another Forum member has the answer.

Good luck on your hunt and keep us posted on how it goes.

:beer:

Wild Card

This has been posted before but, the photos weren't very good. The Meck.-Strelitz Cross for Distinction in War, 1st Class. The # awarded up to 1923 was in the low 100's but this early type by Godet with the added hooks is rare.

Nice one Beau. One of those decorations where the whole story “Für Tapferkeit / 1914” is right out there in front of you.

I do have a question. Is the color in the picture accurate, or is the lighting giving it something of a slightly yellowish tint?

Wild Card

• 1 month later...

Just an example of "Rare" not necessarily needing to break the bank. The Last Type Saxe-Altenburg Golden Ernestine Medal - 63 awarded from 1914 to 1918. 8 with swords on the ribbon were also awarded in 1917 and 1918.

• 2 months later...

Posts 340 & 341 - beautiful and yes, very under appreciated.

Posts 343 - 346 - I have a case just like that (#343) and have been looking for years for something

to put in it. Well, good things never come easily; and as you have illustrated here, the wait will be

worth it when the day comes.

Thank you and congratulations Gentlemen.

• 3 weeks later...

Samoa German Colonial Police Badge 1914.....

I have only the usual clasps twice, like the Samoa... biggrin.gif but this one, it`s hard to say... this one really is still missing in my collection. If you don`t need it anymore some day please let ME know... love.giflove.giflove.gif

Heiko